• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

A few pictures that might help members šŸ¤™šŸ¼(interior panels)

Croxy

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Elgrand
E51
Just a few pictures for members that might want to know whatā€™s behind the rear panels.

Iā€™m replacing the rear suspension which means the rear panels have to be removed in order to access the shock absorber bolt.

Other pictures are of location for transmission fluid dip stickā€¦.. tbh Iā€™ve got no idea if there is enough fluid because the dip stick is so confusing šŸ«¤.

Hopefully the pictures might help a few members and Iā€™ll take pictures of suspension installation and post them in the technical chat once Iā€™m done šŸ¤™šŸ¼

Attachments

• IMG_1574.jpeg
    IMG_1574.jpeg
    609.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1573.jpeg
    IMG_1573.jpeg
    640.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1569.jpeg
    IMG_1569.jpeg
    483.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1578.jpeg
    IMG_1578.jpeg
    313.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1577.jpeg
    IMG_1577.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1576.jpeg
    IMG_1576.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1575.jpeg
    IMG_1575.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 83
Nice pics, I've downloaded them for reference. Confused as I replaced my suspension entirely from the outside.
Hi. Could you point me in the direction of the 100v inverter...I've messaged you previously about changing it for a 240v one but I couldn't suss out where the bugger is.

Thank goodness for that! I intend to do shocks before long and that was putting me off.

Hi. Could you point me in the direction of the 100v inverter...I've messaged you previously about changing it for a 240v one but I couldn't suss out where the bugger is.
If all you use the 110v socket for is charging phones, laptops etc, then don't bother with the faff of swapping it out for a 240v one. Most PSU's have voltage detection and will work across the 110-250v/50-60hz range. For 240v I'm running a 300W inverter off the rear auxiliary/fag socket.

Nice pics, I've downloaded them for reference. Confused as I replaced my suspension entirely from the outside.

You might be right buddy, Iā€™ve not managed to get the van in the air yet to have a look at what needs to be done. I just assumed that bolt in the inside was something to do with the suspension.

Iā€™ll find out what itā€™s for and let you guys know, unless someone knows what the bolt is for? šŸ¤™šŸ¼
That flexible shower tube fitted to the funnel is a great idea. šŸ‘

šŸ˜‚ itā€™s not a shower tube the link is below šŸ‘‡

If all you use the 110v socket for is charging phones, laptops etc, then don't bother with the faff of swapping it out for a 240v one. Most PSU's have voltage detection and will work across the 110-250v/50-60hz range. For 240v I'm running a 300W inverter off the rear auxiliary/fag socket.
I think i know what you mean with a stand alone unit out the ciggie lighter but are you also saying change the 2 blade socket for a 3 pin English one and the 100v coming through it will charge low watt items?

You might be right buddy, Iā€™ve not managed to get the van in the air yet to have a look at what needs to be done. I just assumed that bolt in the inside was something to do with the suspension.

Iā€™ll find out what itā€™s for and let you guys know, unless someone knows what the bolt is for? šŸ¤™šŸ¼

The bolt you show is the shock absorber piston and nut, itā€™s bolted through a top mount which in turn bolts to the bus
To take the shocker out do it as others have described, you only need to touch that nut to change the top mount normally
Since your bus is stripped in that area you can take off the nut to remove the shock if you want but someone would have to hold it in place from below whilst you put the nut on etc , pic is from eBay
IMG_5394.png

I think i know what you mean with a stand alone unit out the ciggie lighter but are you also saying change the 2 blade socket for a 3 pin English one and the 100v coming through it will charge low watt items?
I changed mine to 230v as I had a spare inverter and thought why not. I've not actually used it yet for anything apart from an angle poise lamp, but it does have a nice secure French socket rather than that dodgy 2 pin Japanese affair.

Sorry I havenā€™t replied, to be honest Iā€™ve not even looked in to this yet because my van is a dayvan/camper.

Chances are Iā€™m going to buy a portable power station or drop a leisure battery into the rear compartment on the right hand side, providing I can find one that fits.

You could do like RuskinStreet said and use the rear 12v socket to run an inverter.
The bolt you show is the shock absorber piston and nut, itā€™s bolted through a top mount which in turn bolts to the bus
To take the shocker out do it as others have described, you only need to touch that nut to change the top mount normally
Since your bus is stripped in that area you can take off the nut to remove the shock if you want but someone would have to hold it in place from below whilst you put the nut on etc , pic is from eBay
View attachment 101383
Thanks Dave,

Iā€™ve bought new top mounts, shocks, heavy duty springs, rubber mounts and a load of new bushes.

Just as well Iā€™ve stripped it all out ready for the new mounts šŸ‘šŸ¼

Thanks Dave,

Iā€™ve bought new top mounts, shocks, heavy duty springs, rubber mounts and a load of new bushes.

You still didnā€™t need the strip down, you can just remove the shocks and change the top mounts on the bench ;)

Sorry I havenā€™t replied, to be honest Iā€™ve not even looked in to this yet because my van is a dayvan/camper.

Chances are Iā€™m going to buy a portable power station or drop a leisure battery into the rear compartment on the right hand side, providing I can find one that fits.

You could do like RuskinStreet said and use the rear 12v socket to run an inverter.

Thanks Dave,

No worries...the question wasn't aimed directly at yourself...only @LeStempy as I'd asked him before ...šŸ‘

Yes, I'm running USB chargers off the 2 pin socket.

IMG_2134.jpeg

The shocks are not under great pressure, so they wont pop like a spring, just compress them slowly by hand until the base clears the mount.

Last edited:

My mistake, I didn't realise that this was a purpose made engine oil, transmission fluid and power steering fluid filler. Thank you for the link, I will have to get one. I learn something new every day. ;)

Back