• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Elgrand E51 Top Speed

B

braedach

Hello,

Interesting conversations already on this one.

I live in Australia so only place i can legally check this is the Northern Territory and its a wee bit over.

You Brit's have a better chance. I believe 180km is where the ECU cuts you off then 240km in theory. Good luck stopping.

Interesting where 5th drops in in this video!!

Regards

I know, lets make an exciting video about hard acceleration and speed, and overlay it with some god awful music.... ( I realise/hope that's not your vid OP)

Interesting where 5th drops in in this video!!
What happens there, seems to have run out of power, I don't remember mine sticking around 4K RPM?

Reactions: guf
Just woke with a thought. If one has the Gizmo behind the dials fitted, does that increase the limiter to 180 mph?

(I also woke realising that Gizmo rhymes with NISMO)

Nissan Elgrand 3.5 Rider high performance spec Specs

OVERVIEW​

With a curb weight of 5489 lbs (2490 kg), the Nissan Elgrand 3.5 Rider high performance spec has a V-type 6 cylinder DOHC engine, a High octane premium gasoline engine VQ35DE.
This engine VQ35DE produces a maximum power of 253.4 PS (250 bhp - 186.4 kW) at 6000 rpm and a maximum torque of 357.9 Nm (264 lb.ft - 36.5 kg.m) at 3200 rpm.
This propels the 2.5 tonne brick to a staggering 112MPH. For some reason Japanese designers tuned and de- restricted the white variants of the 3.5 E51s giving them a top speed of 155 MPH and a zero to 60 of under 5seconds.
The engine power is transmitted to the road by the rear wheel drive (FR) with a 5AT gearbox.
For stopping power, the Nissan Elgrand 3.5 Rider high performance spec braking system includes V disk at the rear and V disk at the front.
Stock tire sizes are 215/60 on 17 inch rims at the rear and 215/60 on 17 inch rims at the front.
Chassis details - Nissan Elgrand 3.5 Rider high performance spec has multi link rear suspension and strut front suspension for road holding and ride comfort.

Just stumbled upon this discussion.

Not sure what I have missed, but any standard Elgrand won't get to 60 any quicker than 7 seconds. Also, I can confirm, my 2009 3.5 Series 3 Rider is limited to about 115mph.

Just stumbled upon this discussion.

Not sure what I have missed, but any standard Elgrand won't get to 60 any quicker than 7 seconds. Also, I can confirm, my 2009 3.5 Series 3 Rider is limited to about 115mph.
Yeah, white ones are usually limited...in every department

My white one doesn't have the speed limiter and I once had it off the end of the clock for a brief moment, which ends at 190km/h, but it was getting a bit squirrelly so didn't push it any further.

I really want one of the nismo or impul ECUs, cant find anything regarding compatability with a series 3 though, and there's the ball ache of reprogramming the keys.

A good few months ago I was driving my black Elgrand (standard suspension etc) on the A638 from the direction of Wakefield towards Doncaster just East of Ackworth on a bit of a notorious stretch of the road that has a sweeping left hander, sweeping right hander then increasingly tight left hander, with a couple of lads in a Golf behind me up my backside at least until we got to the corners... . On the corners I upped the anti a bit by taking them very quickly and they backed off (they could have kept with me I'm sure if they could drive lol).. Then after the 3 bends on the straight section towards Upton I knew they'd want to go past me but I got the devil horns and booted it up to the speed limiter and left them again lol. But the thing is -I recognised their car and the lads, I knew they'd passed me before on the A1 and properly checked out my Elgrand... I could imagine them being VW/Transporter fans and imagining that Transporters probably with the same engine as their Golf might be on par with Elgrands. If they did want to keep up it seems they lost their bottle on those corners then I didn't give them the opportunity for the overtake on the straight either. I think I couldn't have left them with much impression to the contrary that the Elgrand was quicker than the T vans on the straights or on the beds lol.

I really want one of the nismo or impul ECUs, cant find anything regarding compatability with a series 3 though, and there's the ball ache of reprogramming the keys.
Reprogramming keys is easy with NDS2.

A good few months ago I was driving my black Elgrand (standard suspension etc) on the A638 from the direction of Wakefield towards Doncaster just East of Ackworth on a bit of a notorious stretch of the road that has a sweeping left hander, sweeping right hander then increasingly tight left hander, with a couple of lads in a Golf behind me up my backside at least until we got to the corners... . On the corners I upped the anti a bit by taking them very quickly and they backed off (they could have kept with me I'm sure if they could drive lol).. Then after the 3 bends on the straight section towards Upton I knew they'd want to go past me but I got the devil horns and booted it up to the speed limiter and left them again lol. But the thing is -I recognised their car and the lads, I knew they'd passed me before on the A1 and properly checked out my Elgrand... I could imagine them being VW/Transporter fans and imagining that Transporters probably with the same engine as their Golf might be on par with Elgrands. If they did want to keep up it seems they lost their bottle on those corners then I didn't give them the opportunity for the overtake on the straight either. I think I couldn't have left them with much impression to the contrary that the Elgrand was quicker than the T vans on the straights or on the beds lol.
Excellent work 😎😂

Back