• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Winter tyres on the Scoob

Rayc

Premium Member
North East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
Swapped over to winter wheels/tyres on the Scooby today,(need them to get up onto the drive) stripped out the wheel arches a couple of weeks ago & top up the rust proofing.
Not looking to shabby for a 18 year old motor.. guy loves it when it goes for MOT...😁
IMG_20211030_173425624.jpg
IMG_20221229_134520705_edit_1672326616450.jpgIMG_20211004_163627882.jpg

IMG_20220909_164434139.jpg.
IMG_20220626_160007606.jpg
Underbody work in progress with the bus
Getting to bloody old for all this but then it keeps you going I guess...😊

We've had our "05 Forester 2.0 for about 10 years, and I think the awd doesn't work, and probably never has!!!
It's an auto, which makes it harder to check, but if it's not been working, we never really missed it!!, the car is such a nice drive, and the flat 4 thrum sounds great.
It never uses water, so I reckon that's a win.....

We've had our "05 Forester 2.0 for about 10 years, and I think the awd doesn't work, and probably never has!!!
It's an auto, which makes it harder to check, but if it's not been working, we never really missed it!!, the car is such a nice drive, and the flat 4 thrum sounds great.
I've read somewhere that a fuse can be inserted (when fitting a odd size spare wheel) which disables the AWD.
Take a look in the fuse box maybe it's been fitted & forgotten. If so take it out ...👍

I've read somewhere that a fuse can be inserted (when fitting a odd size spare wheel) which disables the AWD.
Take a look in the fuse box maybe it's been fitted & forgotten. If so take it out ...👍
If it’s been disabled with the fuse the AWD light will be on on the dash

I seem to remember checking the fuse before, and it's not there. When I had the timing belt and water pump changed by my local car service guys, who have looked after all my cars for years, they noted the autobox serial number didn't match the data plate.
I did some digging, and mine should be a TZ1B, but is actually a TZ1A, which may be from a Turbo model. This isn't always the case though..
It gets quite complicated to actually confirm, but the final drive ratio on the rear of the Forester is different depending on Turbo or not, so I wonder if the rear diff is empty...
I had the 10 year old AT tyres replaced last year for a nice set of Nexen road tyres, so basically its a Pavement Princess, but I like the fact it's not common.
It is also a crossover year, so although it's only Euro 3, it shows as ULEZ compliant, and I take that as a win given the aggro I had to get the E51 certified.

I seem to remember checking the fuse before, and it's not there. When I had the timing belt and water pump changed by my local car service guys, who have looked after all my cars for years, they noted the autobox serial number didn't match the data plate.
I did some digging, and mine should be a TZ1B, but is actually a TZ1A, which may be from a Turbo model. This isn't always the case though..
It gets quite complicated to actually confirm, but the final drive ratio on the rear of the Forester is different depending on Turbo or not, so I wonder if the rear diff is empty...
I had the 10 year old AT tyres replaced last year for a nice set of Nexen road tyres, so basically its a Pavement Princess, but I like the fact it's not common.
It is also a crossover year, so although it's only Euro 3, it shows as ULEZ compliant, and I take that as a win given the aggro I had to get the E51 certified.
Sounds like you've got yourself the perfect partner to go with the Ellie.
Hears hoping the Fozzy rumbles along for many trouble free years...

All the best for 2023...👍

Back
Top Bottom