• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Winter precautions

How has the Countryman been, during ownership?
I bought it last Christmas for my wife, it has been good, she likes it.

I don’t use it much i see the JCW All4 as a points gatherer, Twin scroll Turbo, DCG tiptronic auto, 4WD flying machine.

Massively overpriced in my opinion - but she likes all the bells and whistles and gadgetary - so that was that.

I bought it last Christmas for my wife, it has been good, she likes it.

I don’t use it much i see the JCW All4 as a points gatherer, Twin scroll Turbo, DCG tiptronic auto, 4WD flying machine.

Massively overpriced in my opinion - but she likes all the bells and whistles and gadgetary - so that was that.
Yes, I think they might tip into the millionaire's tax bracket too, I think?

Looks nice though. The upcoming new gen looks minging.

Dont forget to turn off your auto fold mirrors if you have them and leave your mirrors out.
Cheaper defrosting them than new motors.
If I have to open the rear doors I use the key or the button inside as the handle can snap off when cold.
Do your rubber seals with some of this
View attachment 96041
Check your fluids.
Check your battery.
Great advice Andy, many thanks. 👍:)

Yes, a good price to take a punt on.
I've considered those types of product, and still might, but *if* they are for stopping the disks getting rusted up (and hence pitted) if left a long time, I'm not sure if they are th elixir of life. I mean, even if it isn't raining, if a car's stored outside their disks often get an orange sheen simply from moisture in the air (esp if the wind is more westerly). So I'd be surprised if disks looks shiny silver even after a short time. Plus, the back of the disks, although protected to an extent by virtue of being on the back, rain/moisture ect gets everywhere, so covers don't give protection there. Sometime, if a car's stored outside, one can 'kill it with kindness', where on one hand you an fill the tank up with Super/Premium and let it sit for ages, maybe using a charger now and again to keep the battery topped up, but all the while the disks get walloped day after day and risks them pitting. I find I try to pick the 'best' day I can (say when it's dry, but after a prolonged rainy spell which has washed a lot of the prior cold snap salt away), about once a month, and give it a blast for 25 or so miles, to get everything warmed up to operating temp and scrub the brake disks lean. I'll hose the undercarriage before the next time I do the same (i.e every other winter spin, and not hosing it straight after as obviously you'll just soak everything up again). This way the car gets a few spins over winter, and I'm sure a few hundred miles of maybe not ideal conditions isn't going to render it falling apart lol
Of course too with a 2 tonne bus, you an get flat spots with it sitting around for too long.
I agree with you on this. In the past I stopped using my 1974 Camaro in the winter because of salt, and leaving it standing over the winter caused more problems than if I used it. Much better to take it out on better days and give it a blast.

I agree with you on this. In the past I stopped using my 1974 Camaro in the winter because of salt, and leaving it standing over the winter caused more problems than if I used it. Much better to take it out on better days and give it a blast.

Ooooo one of my all time favourite cars 🤩

Back