• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Wind deflectors- where do you get them?

Richard

Active Newbie
Scotland
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
Region
Scotland
I'm looking for front wind deflectors for a 2006 highway star. Any idea where you get them? Every link I follow it turns out is for a different make or model. Frustrating. And how much are they generally?

Best bet would be to get some 2nd hand ones from one of the breakers. @stevemen from Tojo motors or @msl parts might have a good set. Otherwise you'll have to look to get some from Japan.

Totally agree, breakers yard should have them .. loads of Elgrand breakers on fleabay šŸ˜

I only just noticed that mine don't have them. Do all E51s originally come with them, and maybe the owner maybe removed then in the past?

I only just noticed that mine don't have them. Do all E51s originally come with them, and maybe the owner maybe removed then in the past?
Yours must be an entry level model.

Has it got a rear view mirror ?

Reactions: Bal
I thought they came with them, perhaps they don't, or maybe they have been removed. Others are more knowledgable than I am when it comes to Elgrands, but I'm learning! :)

I thought they came with them, perhaps they don't, or maybe they have been removed. Others are more knowledgable than I am when it comes to Elgrands, but I'm learning! :)
An titbit is I've looked at the package of stuff which came with mine, and there's 3 pics of the car in a hanger, presumably done by the dealer, as it's date Oct 2009. The photos are a bit grainy, but it certainly looks like the deflectors are NOT on it.

I'm not that bothered. I'd prefer it if it had them, as I think they look cool, but the window seals themselves in the area look (touch wood) great, so I won't retrospectively mess with them by sticking them in in the event I could source the deflectors. I certainly don't want them enough to enter a rabbit warren trying to obtain them.
Mind you, shows I'm genetically no detective if it's taken me over 2 weeks of ownership, a few washes, hours of detailing, and even conditioning the seals, yet I still hadn't noticed!

An titbit is I've looked at the package of stuff which came with mine, and there's 3 pics of the car in a hanger, presumably done by the dealer, as it's date Oct 2009. The photos are a bit grainy, but it certainly looks like the deflectors are NOT on it.
Thank you for the confirmation, so I think that confirms it, that they don't all have them. :)
I'm not that bothered. I'd prefer them if it had them, as I think they look cool, but the window seals themselves in the area look (touch wood) great, so I won't retrospectively mess with them by sticking them in in the event I could source the deflectors. I certainly don't want them enough to enter a rabbit warren trying to obtain them.
Mind you, shows I'm genetically no detective if it's taken me over 2 weeks of ownership, a few washes, hours of detailing, and even conditioning the seals, yet I still hadn't noticed!
I think there are things we all miss as there is so much to find out on these. It took me nearly a year to realise that there is a little light in each of the middle cup holders inside the pull down bits near the side doors. I think I didn't notice, because I don't sit in the back. šŸ¤£ It was only when I was getting something out at night that I saw them. šŸ¤”

I like the monsoon guards, means that I can drop windows 20mm when camping for essential ventilation without rain coming in. Also, not had any probs with Mozzies either.

Did wonder about removing or changing mine, they are fikkin huge
Or are they the deluxe version View attachment 94732
I have these on mine but with mine being G30 they blend in a bit more. I do like these as you can have window down a fair bit even in the rain.

Yes, I do noticed a bit of rain ends up on the inside door panels, even if I lower the window a bit when the glass has rain on it, but the rain itself had stopped.

I have these on mine but with mine being G30 they blend in a bit more. I do like these as you can have window down a fair bit even in the rain.
Agree they blend in well with G30 paint, and nice to be able to have the windows open a bit when it's raining, without getting rain blowing in. :)

Be careful with some of the larger types as they are often dark, I couldnā€™t see through mine at night so took them off

Where do people get the 'alternative' deflectors?

Back