• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

***Update*** Yesterday my beast became a boat....

Deano

Premium Member
Yorkshire
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Elgrand
E51
Region
Yorkshire
Took a few back roads home yesterday. Roads we often take after a run out to the coast. Yesterday, we didn't take into account any flood water. We nearly got caught out. Thank you to my Ellie Beast for handling it so well 💖

Link YouTube :Ellie turns into a boat...

Update: I checked underneath and had a really good look around. All seems sound other than a few leaves and long grass hanging off a few places. Found a pair of earphones tangled up too...IMG_20231022_135944130_HDR.jpgIMG_20231022_135826655.jpgIMG_20231022_135746755_HDR.jpgIMG_20231022_134003528.jpgIMG_20231022_133956560.jpg

Last edited:
I think the crank sensor being at the bottom of the bell housing (around a foot from ground level) is the biggest concern for wading with Elgrands, followed by the joint in intake ducting to the air filter being at around knee height.

Text book mate, got yourself a bow wave and rode it without stopping
Yeah, once I was in it I just had to keep a steady speed and take a chance. Missus was telling me we needed to turn back but that would have been worse as I would have had to stop first to do that. I was fairly confident it wasn't any higher than it turned out as I'm familiar with that section and the water simply collects on the road in the dip between the fields. Still, It did catch me out a bit as I just totally forgot about all the rain we've had. Been down that road plenty of times in the rain and just hit a few puddles.

Well done for keeping a good bow wave and not stopping.
Used to have it half way up the windscreen when we used to do a bit of offroading (not in an Elgrand)
But was kitted out with all the kit to do it. (apart from door seals and floor bungs lol)
Hope you have some good underseal.

Well done for keeping a good bow wave and not stopping.
Used to have it half way up the windscreen when we used to do a bit of offroading (not in an Elgrand)
But was kitted out with all the kit to do it. (apart from door seals and floor bungs lol)
Hope you have some good underseal.
Hell, Missus would have had heart attack if it had been half way up the windscreen!!! Saying that, so would I...
Underseal was really good when I got the car. I am going to get under in next few days and have a good look around. Take out all the dead trout...

Amazing vid. Glad everyone made it safe and sound. Hope your Ellie enjoyed the wash, and no lasting effects.

Amazing vid. Glad everyone made it safe and sound. Hope your Ellie enjoyed the wash, and no lasting effects.
Cheers. We had 2 year old grandson in the back watching Paw Patrol totally oblivious 🙂. Been out and about today and car appears to be fine but will check it out a bit closer over next few days 👍

It’s a wonder your vans not full of s**t - who knows how much the Water Companies have discharged these last couple of days blaming it on the storm.

It’s a wonder your vans not full of s**t - who knows how much the Water Companies have discharged these last couple of days blaming it on the storm.
Ha ha, yeah, I'm sure they didn't miss that opportunity!!!!

I think the crank sensor being at the bottom of the bell housing (around a foot from ground level) is the biggest concern for wading with Elgrands, followed by the joint in intake ducting to the air filter being at around knee height.
@Lpgc

Would something like this cause issues with LPG converted elgrands? I ended up on a flooded road about 10 days ago, no where near this deep but deep enough to worry. Car was running fine until a few days later. It now chugs after about 2 mins of driving, spits a load of light grey fumes from exhaust then carries on fine. I'm thinking maybe the issue is when the lpg starts and takes over? Could the water have caused this issue?
Thanks.

It shouldn't do Christine.

Back