• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Scotland Scotland, Dumfries & Galloway August 2023

woolfie

Premium Member
Midlands
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
We will be on our family annual holidays to Dumfries and Galloway, staying in Kirkcudbright. Second week in August to nearly end of month. Any other 'grands that will be touring this area? If we see you, expect a big 👋

Enjoy,
We did the SWC300 last year (April) and loved it:
Look out for:
*PortPatrick (nice harbour village definitely worth a visit),
* Killantringan lighthouse - (hope I spelt it right) if you fancy a wild camp with awesome coastal views this is the place, simply park up at the end of the single track road just before the track to the lighthouse.
* Isle of Whithorn (free camping on field at the back if you use the Steam Packet Pub and a nice breakfast in the nearby Tea Rooms (but it’s shut on a Monday),
*village called New Abbey ( you can park overnight for free behind the Abbey Tea Rooms and bonus the car park has toilets.

Not far from me and @RuskinStreet is up same time as you , he is camping between Kirkcudbright and me , if you're looking for a nice beach try Carrick bay which is on the farm I work on
Yeah!! We've been coming to the area over 8 years now. Always go drool over Knock Brex House, (would love to buy it!) on Way to Carrick Bay. Coco chocolate factory so the kids can get rid of some energy! Down to Mull of Galloway Lighthouse and Cafe. We go up as far as Ayr for the Heads of Ayr Farm Park. Also Crawick Multiverse.
We also save a day to go see Traquair House near Edinburgh where we got our wedding rings and missus always buys some jewellery from them. Can't wait, it's been a tough busy business year for me. So that's why we got an Elgrand, so be more free and room to do what we like. It's having lpg fitted now, just to ease the fuel costs some lol.

We will be on our family annual holidays to Dumfries and Galloway, staying in Kirkcudbright. Second week in August to nearly end of month. Any other 'grands that will be touring this area? If we see you, expect a big 👋
We're up there and staying near Kirkcudbright 13th to 19th August

Not far from me and @RuskinStreet is up same time as you , he is camping between Kirkcudbright and me , if you're looking for a nice beach try Carrick bay which is on the farm I work on
I notice @Paul200 is only just up the road in Gatehouse. Looks like I'll be spending all week flashing my wipers!

Is that the 'grand wave? Wipers?
Bikers nod helmet.
Gilbern owners hand wave
TVR owners ignore each other lol 😆
Still doing it after 2+ years! I drive different cars in work so get all confused 🤣
So in two weeks time, when an auld feckah in a G30 Elgrand blanks you while washing his windscreen.... it's me👍👍

Still doing it after 2+ years! I drive different cars in work so get all confused 🤣
So in two weeks time, when an auld feckah in a G30 Elgrand blanks you while washing his windscreen.... it's me👍👍
We'll watch out for you! We'll be in E51 Rider nismo in black. It's at Simon lpg until Tuesday, I'll put up as profile pic once it's back.

We're here in Kirkcudbright. Arrived yesterday. Having a lazy rest day today, stocking up the accommodation kitchen for the two weeks.
Good trip up, but highlighted I might need to upgrade rear shocks. Although might just be a fully loaded back. Was a tad bouncy coming over pennines via Hawes and Leyburn.

20230812_090319.jpg

Some organised packing there 👍.
A lovely place Kirkcudbright and surrounding area .
Found a great beer garden at the garrett last time we visited .
Enjoy the holiday .

Enjoy,
We did the SWC300 last year (April) and loved it:
Look out for:
*PortPatrick (nice harbour village definitely worth a visit),
* Killantringan lighthouse - (hope I spelt it right) if you fancy a wild camp with awesome coastal views this is the place, simply park up at the end of the single track road just before the track to the lighthouse.
* Isle of Whithorn (free camping on field at the back if you use the Steam Packet Pub and a nice breakfast in the nearby Tea Rooms (but it’s shut on a Monday),
*village called New Abbey ( you can park overnight for free behind the Abbey Tea Rooms and bonus the car park has toilets.
Plan to go check all of these out from tomorrow- thanks for the post!!

Back