• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Long live the king.

JD_Scots_89

Active Newbie
Scotland
Reaction score
First Name
Jacek
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
Scotland
In other words as mentioned in other posts, I am about to join the club. Hopefully for years.
How long would you expect we'll kept Elgrand will last?
If you can tell me what year is your bus and how long have you had it so far including rough annual mileage.
Still a bit apprehensive and want to disperse some of my anxieties.

Mine is 2003, been well looked after in Japan and by me, now on 118000km. Always started first click, no issues other than normal wear and tear items. If you buy one that's been well looked after and you continue that trend no reason why it should last another 10 years.

Awesome thanks for sharing appreciate that.

Mines 2004, 3.5, 106000km runs like clockwork , well undersealed , no rust whatsoever. Only problem is the Mpg , I average 21mpg. It’s used as my daily runner, despite the fuel cost. But once you get one you wont want to get rid of it. Its the most versatile vehicle Ive had.

I have a S2 2006, done 58000km with no major issues.2 1/2years of owning. Parts are readily available.

Mines 2004, 3.5, 106000km runs like clockwork , well undersealed , no rust whatsoever. Only problem is the Mpg , I average 21mpg. It’s used as my daily runner, despite the fuel cost. But once you get one you wont want to get rid of it. Its the most versatile vehicle Ive had.
Great stuff thanks ☺️

To be truthful.
Maintenance is expensive, if you can get someone to do it, mpg forget it. So you'll need deep pockets
If handy with spanners and not your daily, you won't get better.
If into pimping, the worlds your ouster.

1999 owned for since 2010 bought with 88k km on the clock and now on 260k km. Use it daily and still love it

Mines 2003 and has just gone over 100k Kms. No issues in over twelve months ownership other than a bad brake caliper and new discs.
My wife recently tried to discuss selling it and getting something a little more "normal" 😳 she was irked that I'd spent ten minutes discussing the van with a potential new owner this evening.
I would honestly rather get rid of my wife at this point 😊
Still very much in love after 12 months.
(With the Elgrand I mean)

Hi all 2005 / S2 78,000 in my 4 year like clock work

Hello. I have owned an E50 for about 7 years. Mileage over 500k кm. I plan to drive for another 5 years) and then leave it as a weekend car) I use it every day. There are no special problems. Only rust and wiring)

Just passed 210000km on mine. No big issues, just minor and relatively inexpensive ones - had the usual discs needing replacement and I think a couple of calipers too. Parts have not been too expensive or difficult to get either, I think there are quite a few common parts with other UK spec models, certainly the discs and calipers were no more than you would expect to pay for any other similar sized car. Not had any horrendous maintenance bills and I run on LPG so it has not been too hard on the wallet either.

Hi mine is a 2002 115000km been well looked after little suspension issue will sort out this weekend just wear and tear items, get the cats off and all should be good with regular service! Drive and enjoy!!!!

Back