• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

2005 Serena

Blaggard

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
Yorkshire
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Yorkshire
Hey up. Not an Elgrand I know but anyone got any background on the Serena? Seen a 2005 Rider Autech for sale which appeals to me. Feels like it's the Elgrand little brother, 2 litre engine etc but apart from a drastically different dash and engine not sure what overall differences are?
Anyone got any experience to share?

Hey up. Not an Elgrand I know but anyone got any background on the Serena? Seen a 2005 Rider Autech for sale which appeals to me. Feels like it's the Elgrand little brother, 2 litre engine etc but apart from a drastically different dash and engine not sure what overall differences are?
Anyone got any experience to share?
Fancied one of these as a daily. Cheaper to run than the big bugger but similar enough to be recognised as a family member..

True
Fancied one of these as a daily. Cheaper to run than the big bugger but similar enough to be recognised as a family member..
True! That's the appeal. I'm looking at a 2005 Rider Autech in gold, 110kms, full mot.....but maybe just less stressful than an Ellie?

True

True! That's the appeal. I'm looking at a 2005 Rider Autech in gold, 110kms, full mot.....but maybe just less stressful than an Ellie?
I'm thinking purely about the daily stress on my wallet... 15mpg on the commute is not good lol. The mad thing about Elgrands is (almost) 30mpg on the M6. I spent less money getting to Scotland than I spent on half the amount of miles going to work and back in a month šŸ¤£

Cvt gearbox which appears to be a throw a spanner in the works. Don't know anybody that likes em? Don't know much about them myself but they would appear to be a potential problem/ ballache??

We've had ours a couple of years now , it's mainly the wife's car . I've talked about changing it but I just get told a definite NO as she loves it, no problems with gearbox , got fluid changed a few months ago and will probably get it changing every 18months or so depending on milage. Its a very similar size to an Elgrand apart from the engine of course , loads of internal space . šŸ‘

I'm thinking purely about the daily stress on my wallet... 15mpg on the commute is not good lol. The mad thing about Elgrands is (almost) 30mpg on the M6. I spent less money getting to Scotland than I spent on half the amount of miles going to work and back in a month šŸ¤£
Screenshot_20230826-101756_kindlephoto-1333440981.png
Just a thought mate...šŸ˜

Lots on Wikipedia & Youtube. Original Serena (officially sold in the UK) was a nail but more recent models OK. There are a couple round here which look good and don't appear much smaller in size or theoretical seating capacity. Issue might be UK spares/service support since much less common.

Lots on Wikipedia & Youtube. Original Serena (officially sold in the UK) was a nail but more recent models OK. There are a couple round here which look good and don't appear much smaller in size or theoretical seating capacity. Issue might be UK spares/service support since much less common.
Not had any problem getting any parts .

We bought a cube as a run around , the Elgrand is semi retired used for fun times and tip runs .. we had a diesel Nissan largo before the Elgrand was a fantastic car , rust monster got to it even though the engine had loads of life in it

Back
Top Bottom