• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

1 week of owning our Elgrand, decisions

Nakdmatt

Active Newbie
South West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
I still smile every time I drive it, definitely notice it turns heads, everyone is like, what is that!
I asked the garage to convert the stereo to English, as this was a service they offered, which they threw in for free, I have an S3 e51. I saw another thread this week about this.

He mentioned they take the vin and a few other numbers in the head unit, send them to a place in New Zealand and they get a file sent back, which they then download to a disc and run in the car, costs a few hundred quid I think. A few English stickers later and with the exception of the sat Nav everything is English.

Only thing I have noticed is blue tooth seems to keep disconnecting, anyone else found this with any of the stock headunits? I can reconnect straight away, but it’s annoying as hell when this happens.
How does the Music box system work, I have all sorts of random music loaded in it, how can I add my own?

She is thirsty, but I kinda love that 😂 Is everyone using Super unleaded in their 3.5?
Still toying with splashing out on the roofbars and roof tent, or whether to get a driveway awning first. Decisions
Also looking for some sort of slight out kitchen that I can put in the boot and then slide out and cook under the boot lid, any recommendations

And finally, wheels, have stock 17’s on there, I want some black wheels, don’t know whether to get them professionally sprayed for £200 or just splash pit £1k on some new 18’s. The current ones have new tyres on them, and I don’t want to effect the ride too much by sizing up too much

Also, and importantly we have called her MiMi, although I quite liked Kevin, but when you live with 3 women you get overruled regularly
Bring on this weekend and another chance to go cruising

Sounds like the bug has bitten.

Most use 98RON but there are a few who happily run on E10.

The BT thing is a common problem, @Nevillerover has had some success with fixing it.

There's a guide to the music box setup on here if you do a search.

Campal do a removable slide out camping unit for the rear. I have one for sale at the moment but I'm in France.

Yes, although some then have an issue that you can’t get phone side to work, me included but I haven’t really looked that deep yet into it & doesn’t really bother me as long as music works.

If you have Android
Enable “developer mode”, you can google how to do it for your phone.
Somewhere in the Bluetooth settings (within the settings app) find and turn off “Disable Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload“
If it still plays up a bit, find “Bluetooth AVRCP version“ and change it to 1.3

Oh, and probably best once you‘ve done that to delete the pairing from the ‘grand and from the phone and do a new pair.
If you can’t remember how to pair, there are videos on YouTube. It’s more fiddly than normal cars and (on an S3 at least) you have to also pair the audio system.

Oh, and probably best once you‘ve done that to delete the pairing from the ‘grand and from the phone and do a new pair.
If you can’t remember how to pair, there are videos on YouTube. It’s more fiddly than normal cars and (on an S3 at least) you have to also pair the audio system.
Thanks, I’m on an iPhone though

@JDM Elgrand so I disconnected my phone and reconnected just in the audio side of the settings and it hasnt dropped out once on the drive I just went on 👍 same as you, not fussed about the phone side, just wanted to be able to get music. So far so good

Great you're enjoying your Elgrand.
There's always a dilemma what to change/modify first.
Can't wait for some spare money to invest in my E51.
All the best

I have stock 16s on mine , would 17s be worth upgrading too ? Looking to change the style on 16s

i use Shell V Power

Attachments

• 2B6A1869-35EE-4E2B-9817-15A0FC382EB4.jpeg
    2B6A1869-35EE-4E2B-9817-15A0FC382EB4.jpeg
    876.3 KB · Views: 3
Try costco for E5 if you have 1 local I got E5 in costco for the same price as E10 from the asda of course E10 in costco was cheaper again.

Back