• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

VED car tax

GregUK123

E50 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Elgrand
E50
Region
Midlands
My 1999 Elgrand 3.2td is something like £600 a year tax because it was imported/registered 2007, even though it's a pre 2006 vehicle.

has anyone found a way round this to gain a more favourable tax rate?

Greg

My 1999 Elgrand 3.2td is something like £600 a year tax because it was imported/registered 2007, even though it's a pre 2006 vehicle.

has anyone found a way round this to gain a more favourable tax rate?

Greg
Something seems up there.... Mine was imported
2019/2020, a 2005 year vehicle and it's 265.
What's it's registered as class wise with the DVLA? PLG?

My last one 2003 e51 was less then 300.
I know it's just gone up. But isn't it still only about 280

I would definitely challenge that. See attached which shows current tax rates. Unless there's something I'm missing it should be taxed as Private/light goods £295.
Date first registered in UK is irrelevant.

Attachments

• v149-rates-of-vehicle-tax-from-1-april-2022-for-cars-motorcycles-light-goods-vehicles-and-priv...pdf
    247.4 KB · Views: 16
Something seems up there.... Mine was imported
2019/2020, a 2005 year vehicle and it's 265.
What's it's registered as class wise with the DVLA? PLG?
I'm paying £25 a month, somethings not right with your V5

Yeah thats wrong mate. It should be the set standard amount for older cars. Need to get that changed be it through dvla or government site to change its registration date back to 1999

Thanks all for your replies. I have found the issue, the car check site I was using gave the wrong figure. I put the V5 number into .gov and it's £360 a year so panic over...

Thanks all for your replies. I have found the issue, the car check site I was using gave the wrong figure. I put the V5 number into .gov and it's £360 a year so panic over...
360 is still too high. I pay 25.81 a month which works out at 309.72 a year

360 is still too high. I pay 25.81 a month which works out at 309.72 a year
Hmm you are quite right, for a vehicle registered before 2001 it should be £295 a year. it is shown as first registered in 1999. Wonder what success I'll have in challenging that....

Back