• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Things I have learned in the first month of owning an E51

peterj

Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Messages
78
Reaction score
196
Points
33
Location
Chesterfield
First Name
Peter
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
So I spent a good 7 months looking for an E51 I had specific needs so was happy to wait, the seller told.me it needed a bit of work (usual service items) along with the PCV value it had loads of history all the way back to all the import docs and to be honest part of the appeal was I was looking forward to working on it, my journey so far I've realised

Nissan engineers hate mechanics
Nissan engineers believe all mechanics have Mr Tickle arms
Nissan engineers design brief was if its a serviceable item put it where no human can reach it easily
Nissan engineers design strategy was if you need to remove two bolts to get the serviceable part off put 100 bolts in the way and a load of ancillaries
Place the last nut you need to undo out of sight and in a location where you need "that specific socket I dont have" to undo it

Have I enjoyed the process

YES Bloody loved spannering 🤣🤣🤣
 
Greetings))
Exactly) The E50 is just as technologically advanced as the E51. It's worth remembering 2023, when, while removing the turbocharger, the edges of the hardest-to-reach nut were worn down. As a result, a grinder and three minutes later, the turbocharger was removed.
 
Back
Top