• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

The "secret" menu

Holdfast4130

Premium Member
South East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
So after stumbling upon a thread of a secret menu this morning, I've just sat and been through all of the different categories. Nothing special but a couple of things to cause some head scratching.

What is the switch menu? Once in there, the temperatures read 99 and pressing the Enter toggle button lights up the interior lights, momentarily. Double tapping it, makes them stay on. Anybody know why and what it's actually for?

The other was the self diagnosis, which has actually answered my rear screen question (I think). Am I right in assuming the rear screen is dead? Or is it due to one of the plugs that have been left empty after the stereo replacement?

The Nissan Elgrand.....a 2 ton, 3.5 litre, petrol powered PC on wheels.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231112-192111.png
    Screenshot_20231112-192111.png
    647.8 KB · Views: 57
Funnily enough, only today I looked into the rear screen problem as mine was intermittently playing up until I swapped out the DVD/Nav drive, after which it began to work again so I thought the problem was solved. However, just recently it has been refusing to come down again so I pulled it out to have a look.

First thing I tried was to warm it up with a hot air blower and bingo, it started working, so I removed the circuit board to have a closer inspection. Some of the solder joints looked a bit dry so I thought that could be the problem, but after soldering them up it was back to not working again, but after another blow with the hot air gun it started working once again.

So the current thinking is that the fault is with the screen circuit board which has a number of surface mount electrolytic capacitors which are know to cause problems when they are getting on in age. The next course of action will be to replace the capacitors to see if that improves matters.

Haven't messed with the secret menu yet but will have a play at some stage.

Had a fiddle today with the diagnostic menu. It's not very exciting. If you select each unit in the self diagnosis mode you'll see a report of the test result of that unit. The manual suggests that green is good, yellow indeterminate, red duff unit, grey untested.

So after stumbling upon a thread of a secret menu this morning, I've just sat and been through all of the different categories. Nothing special but a couple of things to cause some head scratching.

What is the switch menu? Once in there, the temperatures read 99 and pressing the Enter toggle button lights up the interior lights, momentarily. Double tapping it, makes them stay on. Anybody know why and what it's actually for?

The other was the self diagnosis, which has actually answered my rear screen question (I think). Am I right in assuming the rear screen is dead? Or is it due to one of the plugs that have been left empty after the stereo replacement?

The Nissan Elgrand.....a 2 ton, 3.5 litre, petrol powered PC on wheels.....
Can you send me pictures of which tabs I need to access to get to this menu?

This was for my S1. Not sure if it differs as I can't find the original post. I think this is the procedure 🤔

Switch ignition on (don't start)
Make sure AC is off
Hold info button down
Twist Right hand heater dial clockwise until you hear a beep.
Google translate on your phone to navigate sub menus
There isn't much in there but it did diagnose that my roof screen was knackered

Back