• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

So long, farewell

jboy72

Active Newbie
South East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Joss
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
After 3 1/2 years of E51 s2 XL ownership I sold a few weeks ago. Immediate panic and seller's remorse set in - but I just didnt use it. Yes, it was nice to know I had somewhere for the mother in law to stay if she ever visited but a car needs to be driven and my kids are growing up and not coming away with me anymore. I have to say, among a long list of very nice cars I have owned - this was my favourite. I just loved it. The engine and autobox are out of this world good. This forum has also been about the best I have come across, and I am a frequent frequenter of many a car site. Without it, I would not have had the confidence to have bought in the first place. Genuinely. Owning an import can be a scary prospect, but not with an Elgrand and it is thanks to this crazily busy and informative forum of people who "know". I dont think I will stop at 1 Elgrand, but it might be a few years before another. I am already looking forwward to it. And dont worry, I will still check in from time to time - to see what I am missing out on!

I sold it on ebay classifieds. I did mean to post something in the forum as well, but did not get round to it!
Was it easy selling via eBay, meaning did you have tyre kickers and/or people wanting to go shed loads less that your asking price? You have eBay fees of course, too.

Was it easy selling via eBay, meaning did you have tyre kickers and/or people wanting to go shed loads less that your asking price? You have eBay fees of course, too.
I sold it to the first person to see it - and the first person to enquire. It had a few issues but I explained these to him before he came to see it. Aside from those, there was nothing else for him not to like and 1 hour later he was driving off with it! So I guess if the car is a genuinely good one, and you openly highlight any issues beforehand, I dont think you will get many tyrekickers.... I dont recall the fee but it was less than autotrader

I sold it to the first person to see it - and the first person to enquire. It had a few issues but I explained these to him before he came to see it. Aside from those, there was nothing else for him not to like and 1 hour later he was driving off with it! So I guess if the car is a genuinely good one, and you openly highlight any issues beforehand, I dont think you will get many tyrekickers.... I dont recall the fee but it was less than autotrader
Sounds good :)

After 3 1/2 years of E51 s2 XL ownership I sold a few weeks ago. Immediate panic and seller's remorse set in - but I just didnt use it. Yes, it was nice to know I had somewhere for the mother in law to stay if she ever visited but a car needs to be driven and my kids are growing up and not coming away with me anymore. I have to say, among a long list of very nice cars I have owned - this was my favourite. I just loved it. The engine and autobox are out of this world good. This forum has also been about the best I have come across, and I am a frequent frequenter of many a car site. Without it, I would not have had the confidence to have bought in the first place. Genuinely. Owning an import can be a scary prospect, but not with an Elgrand and it is thanks to this crazily busy and informative forum of people who "know". I dont think I will stop at 1 Elgrand, but it might be a few years before another. I am already looking forwward to it. And dont worry, I will still check in from time to time - to see what I am missing out on!
Good to know you will still drop in.

Back