• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Push Notifications to Mobile Devices

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Afternoon all. I went ahead and paid for the add on to enable push notifications to mobile devices.

What this means, is that those of you who don't get emails from the board, you will be able to kept up to date with notifications received from the board.

To enable this, you need to download an app called "Pushover" for your mobile device.

Google Play Link
Apple Store Link

I did not know before I went ahead with this, that Pushover is a paid app. You get a free 7 day trial to make sure it works (I've tested it, and it does), after that, it's £3.30.

Once you have downloaded and installed, you'll need to sign up and register your device.

Once you have signed up, go to the external accounts section of the website (link below) and associate your forum account with your pushover account. After you have associated the account, you can change your preferences as to what notifications you receive.

http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/index.php?account/external-accounts

View attachment 48

View attachment 49

Let me know if you have any problems or if it all works as it should :)
It's working fine. Once I authorised my email address via Pushover's email. ;)

Well, I'm replying to this from the notification I received, so not only does it work, it also links you to the correct place.

Spot on.

Only downside is you don't get the post content that you do in email. Function of limited characters available but will drive site traffic B)

... And it seems we have to turn off email Notifications in each thing we've subscribed to previously ... :(

View attachment 57 @Karl while I'm redoing them all what is difference between New Threads & New Messages when looking at Forum ....
I want everything posted ;)

A thread is a thread, a message is a reply to the thread :)

And the notifications are set using the pushover settings. The forum settings will be for alerts and emails, separate to push notifications.

So you can only get Push Notifications for Threads & not whole Forum (sections)?

Oh shit, yeah. You get notications for watched forums... So they're not totally independent. Oops

Ok my workaround (but I do receive emails unlike some) is to setup an IF recipe to trigger a Pushover Notification when Forum email come in to Gmail & I've turned off Thread Emails.

So all Thread Push Notifications come direct through Pushover while (hopefully without duplication) Forum Email Notifications do too.

View attachment 58

Actually it's not linking to the post B(

Is this a set up issue? Or is this because of the IF filter you have?

The IF recipe wasn't pulling the correct url ;)

All Notifications seem to be coming through Pushover ok now. IE watched Forum & Threads is that right?

Back