• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

New Tyres today.

Parentalnightmare

Well-Known Member
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Messages
908
Reaction score
2,105
Points
333
Location
Coseley, Wolverhampton
First Name
Paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I had all new tyres all round today,
I used to have Landsail tyres on the Elgrand but found they rolled about with the weight of the car, so I fitted these this time, commercial van tyres 215 60R 17C.
You know, she is a new girl on these. Feels more sturdy and can't believe how quiet they are too.
I know they are cheapish tyres but done a few miles today and I'm impressed with these tyres.

Take care everyone.


1000008213.jpg
 
Take care buddy glad the new tyres are better! 👍
 
  • Like
Reactions: guf
Useful to know - I had thought commercial/van tyres might be more appropriate given an Elgrand's size/weight - last longer but not as good dynamically?. I also thought van tyres might be noisy. What make/brand are they?
 
many years ago I had Michelin van tyres fitted on my VW T25 as Costco said they wouldn't fit non commercial on it. They gave a harsh, noisy ride compared with whatever came off, so I hope they have improved...
 
I had all new tyres all round today,
I used to have Landsail tyres on the Elgrand but found they rolled about with the weight of the car, so I fitted these this time, commercial van tyres 215 60R 17C.
You know, she is a new girl on these. Feels more sturdy and can't believe how quiet they are too.
I know they are cheapish tyres but done a few miles today and I'm impressed with these tyres.

Take care everyone.


View attachment 118559
My local independent tyre place who everyone in the area uses has always recommended van tyres for my Elgrand. Great mileage from them as well.
 
Any downsides with van tyres? Ride quality or noise?
 
Back
Top