• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

MOT Praise

delimac

South West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
During my recent MOT the tester said that in 30 years working with cars he has never been so impressed with a vehicle! Nice to know.

Also I took the opportunity to look underneath and saw that the front exhaust section is also stainless (I already had the rear replaced with a decat SS section) is that normal?

He has only worked on 2 but admired the quality and specs, also the rust free state of a 17 year old vehicle.

My car's going in to have full service & health check on thursday, even though it was sold with a recent mot, has no service history, so we'll see what they find.
Although it failed mot for mechanical bushes or some arm, had no service paperwork to show it had been done just a new mot pass.

I think it's a thing in Japan. Although some imports can be a bit ropey/poor accident damage repair, I have found that my new E51 has almost brand new tyres, brand new air filter and clean fluids - in the UK owners getting shot of a car are generally unlikely to do that. My first MOT might be a culture shock for my local garage which has a 90's Astra permanently parked outside it, Honda N360 and two Fiesta Mark 1's along side it and an Austin A30 inside. One window is blocked up with a We Give Green Shield Stamps sign - definitely old school...

You'll be surprised about some reactions from people when they realise how tidy these vehicles are for their age.. the people who installed my dash cam thought it was a brand new car until I told him it was 14 years old šŸ˜

Back