• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Jap import

LPG conversion is costly as you need new gas tanks, injectors and so on compared to E85 conversion where you just put signal conversion box between injector wires
guessing u aren’t in u.k. , lpg conversion isn’t cheap but pays for itself pretty quick if u use car , no point doing it unless u do miles , my last e50 think pay off was 11k miles and i did 50-60k miles , i run my e50 on e5 when using petrol , but that’s a personal choice , now it’s been mentioned about not many lpg cars in france , got to admit i’ve not had to queue much in last 20 years there

So normal E10 is ok then?

;-)
Jury is out on E10, if you don't do many miles then that extra ethanol can potentially play havoc as it sits in the tank for weeks on end. For the extra few pence E5 is the safer bet, if you can find petrol without ethanol even better....

Jury is out on E10, if you don't do many miles then that extra ethanol can potentially play havoc as it sits in the tank for weeks on end. For the extra few pence E5 is the safer bet, if you can find petrol without ethanol even better....
I haven't had any problems with ethanol in any of my cars last 10 years. Options here in Finland are 95E10, 98E5 or E85. I usually mix 50% 95E10 and 50% E85 to all my cars to have a better octane and cheaper price and as I said no problems what so ever with the ethanol in any of them.

If you argue that ethanol causes problems with fuel lines of what ever it doesn't matter if you have 5% or 10% or even more of it. I would only avoid ethanol in some older carburetor cars if they sit for a long time.

I used to have a JDM Subaru which ran on normal unleaded but I added proboost to increase the Octane, it was a much cheaper option than super unleaded lol, would this be an option on the Elgrand?

Back