• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAE - IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ATTENDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Right then, JAE is in 3 days. For those of us who are going, it's gonna be epic [emoji23]

We have some important last minute information that needs to be shared. So make sure you read through all this and write down anything you may need on the day.

MY CONTACT NUMBER IS 07886 621009. Put this in your phones. If you have ANY problems on the day please contact me and let me know. This will save me wondering where people are and worrying in case something has happened. If you can contact me just to let me know you are going to be late, or you won't be coming for whatever reason, it will save a world of worry.

JAE is held at Newark Showground. The full address (for sat nav etc):
The Showground, Lincoln Road, Winthorpe, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2NY

FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING ON THURSDAY

We are meeting at one central point at 1pm. The time is to avoid the queues for the JAE early birds for JAE and also to allow those travelling from afar to do so without having to get up at stupid o'clock. We'll hand around for half an hour or so to allow for any last minute stragglers.

So, 1pm @ TKMaxx Newark:
TKMaxx, Unit 1A, Northgate Retail Park, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG24 1GA

Once we are at camp and set up, we will take one bus and a group of us can get some last minute provisions such as ice and beer.

FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING ON FRIDAY

The camp will already be set up and space left for you to join in on the stand. Please call me or text me to give me a rough idea of when you will be arriving so that I can meet you when you arrive. If you want to all arrange a pre meet between yourselves, feel free to do so.

EQUIPMENT

You are going to be camping for 2 or 3 nights depending on when you arrive. With that in mind, bring EVERYTHING you can think of to make YOUR life as comfortable as possible. If you have spares of anything, please bring them for the benefit of others. Someone may forget their chairs, or a light... so having spares will help your fellow members out of a pickle to save them panicking. But, do your best to make sure you have everything. Create a check list and tick it all off as you pack your Elgrand for the trip.
Please see the EQUIPMENT ORGANISING thread for details of special items that are being brought by members. This list is NOT exhaustive. You are responsible for bringing your own items to look after yourself. Do not expect anyone else to supply you with your camping equipment.

SAFETY

Be sensible guys. This is a weekend in September we are talking about. Ensure that you prepare for both good and bad weather. Also, as there will be plenty of drinking going on, don't act like a tit and cause problems for other people. if you know you become a bit of a twat when you've had a drink, keep off it. We're all there to have fun, not fights. I have no concerns at all about anyone in this group misbehaving, but I have to say it from a club owner point of view. Anyone who shows complete disregard for others safety will be removed from the club stand and barred from the club. Anyone who refuses to move upon request will receive an arse kicking.

HAVE FUN

This is the first time ElgrandOC has been to JAE. Let's make it memorable and enjoy it for what it is. There are a lot of "other" things going on over the weekend but as I have no idea what to do about any of them, I've not done anything about them. This will be a learning curve for all of us, and hopefully when we go next year we will all be a little wiser about what needs to be done, when and by whom.

Re: RE: JAE - IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ATTENDING

Karl said:
Right then, JAE is in 3 days. For those of us who are going, it's gonna be epic [emoji23]

We have some important last minute information that needs to be shared. So make sure you read through all this and write down anything you may need on the day.

MY CONTACT NUMBER IS 07886 621009. Put this in your phones. If you have ANY problems on the day please contact me and let me know. This will save me wondering where people are and worrying in case something has happened. If you can contact me just to let me know you are going to be late, or you won't be coming for whatever reason, it will save a world of worry.

JAE is held at Newark Showground. The full address (for sat nav etc):
The Showground, Lincoln Road, Winthorpe, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2NY

FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING ON THURSDAY

We will be meeting at a local supermarket before convoying to JAE. The meet time is 1pm. The reason for the later meeting (ie not getting to JAE at 11 when it opens) is so that those travelling from afar do not have to set off at stupid o'clock and we SHOULD miss the early queues to get in. Another benefit to doing this is that if anyone wants to get any last minute provisions before we head to the camping/show area, then we will be able to do so at this point. You will also have the opportunity to pre order some items that you want to collect from the store - things like ICE for example to keep the beer cool in the paddling pools will probably sell out, so pre-ordering this will go a long way to keep your poison at a nice temperature. We will also probably need to do a daily trip to the supermarket to get more ice, so knowing the way to and from the shop will be useful.

So, 1pm @ ASDA Newark:
Asda Newark Supercentre, Lombard Street, Newark NG24 1XG, United Kingdom

We will hang around here until 1.30pm before moving onto JAE. This will allow for any late comers to arrive with us. Chances are we will be there a little later than that if people are doing shopping etc, but that is the time I am planning on heading off.

FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING ON FRIDAY

The camp will already be set up and space left for you to join in on the stand. Please call me or text me to give me a rough idea of when you will be arriving so that I can meet you when you arrive. If you want to all arrange a pre meet between yourselves, feel free to do so.

EQUIPMENT

You are going to be camping for 2 or 3 nights depending on when you arrive. With that in mind, bring EVERYTHING you can think of to make YOUR life as comfortable as possible. If you have spares of anything, please bring them for the benefit of others. Someone may forget their chairs, or a light... so having spares will help your fellow members out of a pickle to save them panicking. But, do your best to make sure you have everything. Create a check list and tick it all off as you pack your Elgrand for the trip.
Please see the EQUIPMENT ORGANISING thread for details of special items that are being brought by members. This list is NOT exhaustive. You are responsible for bringing your own items to look after yourself. Do not expect anyone else to supply you with your camping equipment.

SAFETY

Be sensible guys. This is a weekend in September we are talking about. Ensure that you prepare for both good and bad weather. Also, as there will be plenty of drinking going on, don't act like a tit and cause problems for other people. if you know you become a bit of a twat when you've had a drink, keep off it. We're all there to have fun, not fights. I have no concerns at all about anyone in this group misbehaving, but I have to say it from a club owner point of view. Anyone who shows complete disregard for others safety will be removed from the club stand and barred from the club. Anyone who refuses to move upon request will receive an arse kicking.

HAVE FUN

This is the first time ElgrandOC has been to JAE. Let's make it memorable and enjoy it for what it is. There are a lot of "other" things going on over the weekend but as I have no idea what to do about any of them, I've not done anything about them. This will be a learning curve for all of us, and hopefully when we go next year we will all be a little wiser about what needs to be done, when and by whom.

Karl as a resident of Newark, Asda car park is split in two. Up and down. Up has a height restriction, down isnt much better. Morrisons is also tight.

May i suggest that you meet at the TKMaxx car park? It is big enough and open air and best of all en-route 2 mins of A1 and easy to find. Its only a 2 minute drive from the Asda.

TKMaxx
Unit 1A, Northgate Retail Park, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG24 1GA

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that mate. I'll update the initial thread. We'll meet there, head to the site, then return to ASDA in my bus, as I know damn well height restriction is no longer a concern for me with her being so low [emoji23]

Sent from space

There is an Aldi in walking distant and poundland from TK Maxx for the more seasoned shopper too!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Excellent. Nothing better than cheap ice and Snackrite crisps (they're so much better than walkers!). Also, ALDI own brand super noodles are 19p a pack. Get in.

Sent from space

Be with you all on Saturday. One day only. Don't worry, I'll hid the yellow thing well out of sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back