• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

I’ve got a flare !

Erniepup

Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Nicola
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
Midlands
I’ve got. Flare 😂😂

I know it’s illegal
Etc but quite chuffed to have it.

Now if I could only find an aux socket ( it’s not in the rear panned - or if it is it’s gone as it’s a camper conversion.

I’ve got. Flare 😂😂

I know it’s illegal
Etc but quite chuffed to have it.

Now if I could only find an aux socket ( it’s not in the rear panned - or if it is it’s gone as it’s a camper conversion.
Are we not supposed to have it? I asked about it when buying the car and they said it’s a Japanese thing and just to ignore it! I’ve had it for months 😳

It's not illegal, it's just a firework. Obviously you have to be careful with what you do with it, and it is likely it is out of date and may won't light anyway. Make sure you don't leave it in on a ferry (or Eurotunnel) though.

Where did you find the flare ?
Not something I would like in my van with grandkids .
There is a flare holder underneath the passenger glove box. Most are removed for shipping, they are bright red, if you have one you cant miss it. All cars in Japan have to carry one by law.

Still got mine... same as the toll reader that speaks to you... all part of the originality of my van... although not a lot of originality in mine as had the guts ripped out and converted to a campervan.. aftermarket alloys etc 🤣🤣🤣

still got mine as well...bright red, part of the charm of Elgrand

There is a flare holder underneath the passenger glove box. Most are removed for shipping, they are bright red, if you have one you cant miss it. All cars in Japan have to carry one by law.
Thanks
I’ll have a look when I get home

Back