• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Elgrand E51 Launch Ad Australia

B

braedach

Okay

These cars are now 20 years old but in 2003 they were cutting edge.

I found this about an hour ago, mainly because i keep looking My love affair with this family mover is only second to my love of my wife.

I found this today. The format seems right and those are Okka accents for you Brit's. Nissan Australia may have had plans for import but Nissan HQ ditched it.

What a fantastically lost opportunity. It might have changed everything for everyone everywhere. Universal support, Australian maps and it would of led to greater support and after market parts supply.

Nissan seriously screwed up.

Advertisement is here

I cant vouch for it, but it seems legit.

Please comment, even universal DVD support would if changed a great deal.

Regards
Leon

Good spot. On checking, this is part of a huge range of period adverts by Hom Tong including many Japanese vehicles 1980's/90's (and aircon systems if that floats your boat!). He also has a 2003 E51 ad from Japan;

If these ads aren't weird enough check out Japan Thing on Youtube...

I only made it past the first "Cruising with friends" story, in which six swingers enjoy a trip to a distant marina. It doesn't show what happens on the boat but the way they were chugging on that soda suggests they had a niche kink.

More relevant for us on this forum, the van is a heavily optioned X, rather than a range-topping XL, with the camera giving a lingering shot on the velour seats (why not show off the leather option?).

The Japanese captions indicate features of the vehicle. This indicates it was for Japanese consumption... they often used whites to convey something was premium/sophisticated.

At 3:46 we can see a passenger's genuine look of delight as the rear window opens successfully... the driver's delight would have been even greater when it also closed on the first try šŸ˜€

Screenshot_20230121_073449_com.google.android.youtube_edit_174433226295257.jpg

Screenshot_20230121_073425_com.google.android.youtube_edit_174447319826505.jpg

Back