• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Cool Box

Elgranduk

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
Can anyone recommend a good non electric cool box for long trips. I quite like the look of the Vango ones.

Any experiences of them would be welcome

I’ve been using a Coleman Extreme for a good few years. It works for 3-4 days if pre-chilled but does let water in if left outside in the rain so I just put cover on it.

Attachments

• 62E45461-3CC5-4D81-8993-E27855748D35.jpeg
    62E45461-3CC5-4D81-8993-E27855748D35.jpeg
    324.7 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, that's good to know, I won't be leaving it outside, so no worries there.

Can I ask what size you have please

It’s a 50l with wheels

Can anyone recommend a good non electric cool box for long trips. I quite like the look of the Vango ones.

Any experiences of them would be welcome
got a cheapish 50ltr off amazon, think the secret is not using ice cubes but freezing a couple of juice bottles which take a few days to melt. Not sure how good the dearer yeti/ igloo ones are, but they get good reviews.

I've been thinking about cool boxes but was thinking more in the plug in ones the only downside is the sockets go off when the engine is off,never thought of the juice bottles

I've been thinking about cool boxes but was thinking more in the plug in ones the only downside is the sockets go off when the engine is off,never thought of the juice bottles
I didn't fancy an electric one, they seem to get mixed reviews and it seems a bother having to plug it in making them less portable.

I split the food into two foil freezer bags as well, four days during the summer they kept the food cool and milk fresh.

ye that's good that.need to get her back on the road first before I get one.all 4 springs snapped on her so I've put adjustable suspension on her because she was a bit low so put them on drove it twice and then one of the camshaft sensors has gone down but can only find one so garage it for her next week.good job I've another car cos I live in Yorkshire now but still drive to Manchester for work

Halfords have a range of sizes that work from both a 3 pin plug, a 12v and act as a coolbox when not in use. We have one and it is great. No doubt they will have black Friday offers. We give ours a head start plugged in at home, also freeze a 2l bottle of water and pop that inside as a giant ice block. Then it gets a top up whilst driving to destination on the 12v and then can be left off.

We have a 24L and a 40L both are 12v + 240, when on holiday the 40L Halfords one stays in the awning permanently,
the 24L one comes with us in the car and is easily carried to beaches etc , what we do is go to a supermarket before we set off and get frozen food for the following day,
chicken, burgers, or sausages and place them in the bottom of the coolbox.

Back