• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

At Last its mine

T

Travellingman

Finally after what seems like ages , well, two weeks , the reg documents are back and
X116 VHC , ? Is road legal , yahoooo !! , just a quick 340 mile drive to get it and then the fun starts , first job , hide the keys from the rest of my family , then persuade wife it makes sense for me to use it every day ,,

Nice and good luck with the wife,if she's anything like mine she's no push over haha,tried the chocs and restaurant trick that didn't work to well......

haha , she wont drive it she hates the foot/handbrake , and as its only marginally worse on fuel than my car it may just swing things , amazing how they can tell bullshit from reality isnt it .

Well we got it , all seems good just a small wet bit round brake master cylinder filler cap , new seal needed , insurance a nightmare , no one can find it on their database , and then the hoop jumping starts , this form that form , sworn statement from US president or man in the moon , dna test , one company issued it then put a proviso on it after i,d paid and now want an "administration" fee to cancel !!!!!!!!!!

Others have had the same insurance woes Thomas, it's not just you. Have you got it sorted now?

Hopefully , I rang Hastings insurance who insure my car , they covered it , albeit at more than the "expert" although once again it wasnt on their database ? yet its on the Gov site for car tax ? weird

Back