• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Anybody know how to access the spare wheel on my Elgrand Camper conversion ?

David Page

Wales
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
David
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
Anybody know how to access the spare wheel on my E51Elgrand camper conversion. The kitchen and fridge at the rear fitted over where the spare wheel would ordinarily be accessed.

The spare wheel is under the van.
There is a flap just inside the boot, to left of centre, lift the flap to wind down the wheel.

The spare is mounted under the van, pop out the plastic cap on the rear bumper trim and wind down the cradle.

Bought my E51 on Monday, keep finding things inside the many cubby holes. Found both the jack/tools and emergency triangle yesterday!

Thanks Nia, Enjoy your camper, last night we arrived in France in ours and we toured Southern Ireland in it a few weeks ago. Very reliable E51 and not as fuel thirsty as I expected when we bought ours. Cruising at 60 mph averaged 28 - 32 mpg, not bad for a 3.5 petrol automatic. One tip, if your gas ring is accessible from the rear of van like ours ,and it’s windy , the flame will blow out. We have a small portable one ring camping stove ( cost £30) as back up to place on ground out of the wind!

Thanks Nia, Enjoy your camper, last night we arrived in France in ours and we toured Southern Ireland in it a few weeks ago. Very reliable E51 and not as fuel thirsty as I expected when we bought ours. Cruising at 60 mph averaged 28 - 32 mpg, not bad for a 3.5 petrol automatic. One tip, if your gas ring is accessible from the rear of van like ours ,and it’s windy , the flame will blow out. We have a small portable one ring camping stove ( cost £30) as back up to place on ground out of the wind!
Thank you David, not tried it in any windage yet, but I'll certainly keep it in mind.

And this is the hook that holds the cradle.

View attachment 93873
Does anyone know the size limit this carrier takes. My spare skinny loses air. Wondering if I can just get a normal cheap 16 or 17 wheel to go in the skinnys place but not sure of the space capacity of the under carrier

Does anyone know the size limit this carrier takes. My spare skinny loses air. Wondering if I can just get a normal cheap 16 or 17 wheel to go in the skinnys place but not sure of the space capacity of the under carrier
i bought 18" wheels for mine and also bought a full size matching wheel as a spare, it fits in the spare wheel rack no problem. 👍

Mine has 18's on too and had a full size spare, before I removed it. Now I carry a can of foam for larger tyres.

i bought 18" wheels for mine and also bought a full size matching wheel as a spare, it fits in the spare wheel rack no problem. 👍
Wow I never thought a full size wheel would.fit. will.try that in the morning . Thanks !!!

There is a spacer thing on the rack when using a skinny. You will have to take that off and then make sure your new wheel fits tight.

There is a spacer thing on the rack when using a skinny. You will have to take that off and then make sure your new wheel fits tight.
thanks

presume its this thing....makes sense - looks to be two bolts.

That is the bracket for the space saver, take it off to fit full size.....I'm thinking there maybe another bracket at the rear - or the space-saver would move around at the back.

Make sure that the locking bolt locks tight against the cradle and hook, if the bolt doesn't reach, it will back off.

Always a good idea to check your release bolt as the thread is located in an area that gets weathered, they often corrode and jammed tight.

It's easier to take it out at your leisure and grease it liberally - than it would be struggling on the hard shoulder, in the peeing down rain, cold and dark with her shouting, " Have you done it yet ? Ive got a spin class at 8."

.....ahhh fcuk off.

Back