• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Yakushi camping arrangements

Where will you be sleeping at the show

• Total voters
I will set up in the awnings section so that I can use my sun awnings hope to be there before 1000hrs once set up I will be around to help others when they arrive but today I don't have my ticket info hope Karl will send it through sometime tonight

I will set up in the awnings section so that I can use my sun awnings hope to be there before 1000hrs once set up I will be around to help others when they arrive but today I don't have my ticket info hope Karl will send it through sometime tonight
Yeah he said we should have them by Wednesday. So hopefully he'll be on it in the next day or so

As it stands at the moment the mrs is working until 2pm, so we probs won't be there until 5pm.

Should be there between 1 and 2pm - any guidance on where to park up, and set up awning much appreciated as our first time there 👍

Having never been to an event like this and stayed over on site, I assumed the vans would be together on the stand during the day and move to a sleeping area (pitch) later and start the process again in the morning, i.e set up veh and awning on Friday, move veh to stand early Saturday and back to pitch (?) late Saturday, ready for an evening gathering at the stand. So my example is that we sleep in the van and use the awning to stow kit during the day and to change/cook in if required. Is the plan for those sleeping in their vans to be side by side on the stand overnight away from their awning?

Having never been to an event like this and stayed over on site, I assumed the vans would be together on the stand during the day and move to a sleeping area (pitch) later and start the process again in the morning, i.e set up veh and awning on Friday, move veh to stand early Saturday and back to pitch (?) late Saturday, ready for an evening gathering at the stand. So my example is that we sleep in the van and use the awning to stow kit during the day and to change/cook in if required. Is the plan for those sleeping in their vans to be side by side on the stand overnight away from their awning?
Its entirely up to you bud. We can make it so van can move back and forth to your awning. Some like to set up the awning and leave it all set up for weekend with van attached. That's why vans and awnings will be next to all the vans so they are still part of the show stand area.
If just sleeping in the van you can leave it where it is with the rest of the vans and have your awning as a stand alone tent. We try and accommodate everyone's needs so just let us know when you arrive how you want to play it👍

Great, will be arriving Fri afternoon so should be easy to set the van from/to the awning.:)

I’m running out of time to get stuff done so may be later (6pm+) on Friday evening.
Anyone taking bikes for the kids to keep them amused ?

I’m running out of time to get stuff done so may be later (6pm+) on Friday evening.
Anyone taking bikes for the kids to keep them amused ?
No issue mate, we'll just be warming up with a beer or two by then.
No bikes for my kids, as they teenagers and they'll probably be glued to their ipads....

Last minute request (sorry, I should have said this before, but maybe someone has thought of it already):

I'll need to go fairly close to wherever the DJ tent is going, as I'll have to pack stuff away every night to stop it getting nicked. Ideally just picking up equipment and shoving it (gently) in the back of Vera before passing out...

Ive already said to Karl that my E50 shouldn't be anywhere prominent this year. She's in good nick, but a bit scruffy as I'm in the middle of redoing the bodykit and there's bits missing, patches of primer, etc. It's taking a while as it's all on a shoestring budget. So no worries about where on the stand I am, apart from storage access.

I should also say that Karl's reply was "E50s take pride of place", which I heartily agree with, but perhaps don't have the motor to back up, this year. 😅

Booooooom vans back, cleanish & packed. Just waiting for the boss to get back from work now.

Attachments

• 20210910_123507.jpg
    20210910_123507.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 2
Back