• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Winter blues/ SAD discussion

peter strokosz

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
peter
@peter strokosz - get on the sun beds lad. Get a top up of Vitamin D. Will sort you right out :)
After the fun of waking to 4” of snow of Friday morn followed buy another 3” in the afternoon.. having a long weekend ( due to roads being in passable)to go back into work when it’s Monday raining dark and miserable ... just the winter blues ...it will pass....in time...shooting people on the PS4 is a great relief ...and the traps have been set for the mouse that has found its way into the crisp cupboard...

MrChops

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
James
Elgrand
E51
I've got an iOS developmemt course to crack on with, an Android app to update, projects that need finishing, DIY that needs finishing and not one ounce of enthusiasm, interest or energy after a day's work. And it's my birthday this month. Bummer. All I can summon the energy to do is sit on YouTube all night watching other people do those things they need to do. I hate this time of year, but at least its not Christmas!

peter strokosz

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
peter
work has been has been slow so can’t use the excuse of being worn out.. just can’t be arsed ... forcing myself to get on the treadmill because work will pick up and it will kill to put a full graft in at the moment

Ian H

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
E-Bucks
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I've got an iOS developmemt course to crack on with, an Android app to update, projects that need finishing, DIY that needs finishing and not one ounce of enthusiasm, interest or energy after a day's work. And it's my birthday this month. Bummer. All I can summon the energy to do is sit on YouTube all night watching other people do those things they need to do. I hate this time of year, but at least its not Christmas!
I simpathise. I am exactly the same. My list of things to do, including stuff on the Elgrand is not getting shorter. I have a tendancy for depression and anxiety and it is the worst at this time of year.

spuddyo

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
This is going to sound crazy, but....... I moved to Australia from Lancashire in 1994. As time goes on I find summer here very depressing. Day after day, hot humid weather, sticky shirt collars. Too hot outside to do anything so I stay indoors with the Aircon on, set to 18C. Too hot to work on the car, too hot to mow the lawn, too hot to go for a walk.

I cannot wait for winter, some respite from endless days of hot sticky weather. Next year we are heading to England in January for a three month stay, I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to it. Same shit, different bucket.

MrChops

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
James
Elgrand
E51
I'm pretty tolerant of temperature, be it freezing cold or sweltering heat, and with the exception to the norm that 2018 was we're only having to tolerate a couple of days of heat a year over here. It's the short days and dark evenings that get to me.

We did a Norway cruise a few years ago over New Year, cruising around the coast right up to Kirkenes. The cold was fine, the seasickness tolerable, but what got to me was it only starting to get light at midday and by 2pm it was almost dark again. There's no way I could live that far north. Actually, I'd probably struggle with only a couple of hours of darkness per day too. I guess I just need balance!

spuddyo

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
This thread is depressing, I'll not mention where our house is and the average weather conditions....... Might make you all worse.
I would rather be outside in 1C than 41 C. We are up for another 39C day tomorrow - aircon on, windows and doors closed, stay inside.