• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Just pull out the useless middle seat in the middle row, et voila.

Direct line are hugely expensive for me now, although they were initially cheapest...but then wouldn't cover me with the LPG " underwriter wouldn't allow it".....another broker, same underwriter, no problem.
I had something similar last year Joe, did 1st year with Adrian Flux (£800 despite having insurance with them on my self-build MH), got it down to the £500 mark with Greenlight last year. Irony was that it is still insured with the same insurance company for £300 less, let's not forget all these "insurance" firms are merely brokers who pass the risk off.
Just had a quote from Admiral that will include my home contents insurance that comes in at a (combined) £170 less than last year. that'll pay for two weeks gas & electric 🤣

These fckers don't recognise my registration FFS............ hate this feckin time of year :mad:
View attachment 87100
Not many do with imports mate
Best to phone a few ( the old fashioned way), I always phone or request a call back after an online search just to iron out all that’s missing in the pre written shite

Not many do with imports mate
Best to phone a few ( the old fashioned way), I always phone or request a call back after an online search just to iron out all that’s missing in the pre written shite
I should know better Dave (@Highway Dave ) Three years of self-builds and JDM, I need to get less stressed 🤣 🤣

I should know better Dave (@Highway Dave ) Three years of self-builds and JDM, I need to get less stressed 🤣 🤣
Done talk about stress mate, it’s that time of year when our lass dresses up in a five foot rabbit suit, carries a two foot carrot and traumatises the local kids
Stresses the feck out of me :eek:

I had something similar last year Joe, did 1st year with Adrian Flux (£800 despite having insurance with them on my self-build MH), got it down to the £500 mark with Greenlight last year. Irony was that it is still insured with the same insurance company for £300 less, let's not forget all these "insurance" firms are merely brokers who pass the risk off.
Just had a quote from Admiral that will include my home contents insurance that comes in at a (combined) £170 less than last year. that'll pay for two weeks gas & electric 🤣
Or one fill up with super unleaded😉

I've ended up with Admiral this year, and some weird multi-policy set up that over time will add my commuter car and the house insurance to it, which brought my monthly down now on the Elgrand and as the other bits get added on, will still be net less than all of them combined previous.

Now what's this about someone dressing up as a five foot carrot and carrying a two foot rabbit. Fairly sure that would traumatise anybody.....

Absolute bellend of an artic driver forced me off the road few days ago. On a slip road towards roundabout (2 lanes on slip). Purposefully straddled the central white line, (fair enough, he's a big unit) but then decided to inside overtake me leaving nowhere to go but the soft shoulder. Reported to the Fuz, with accompanying 4k dash cam footage. I won't post it here though, just incase it goes legal. Flucking loon.

Absolute bellend of an artic driver forced me off the road few days ago. On a slip road towards roundabout (2 lanes on slip). Purposefully straddled the central white line, (fair enough, he's a big unit) but then decided to inside overtake me leaving nowhere to go but the soft shoulder. Reported to the Fuz, with accompanying 4k dash cam footage. I won't post it here though, just incase it goes legal. Flucking loon.
Coming back from Dublin I nearly collected an artic at Holyhead Port, some bellend was incoming in my lane i.e. I was getting off the boat and he was trying to get on it, I had to cut up the lorry in the HGV lane or go head on into the cock approaching me! What a fuckwit... could have been messy.....

Just talking about some old cars I have owned one of which was a H reg SRi with a Bill Blydenstein head conversion and then looked up the guy to found out that he was born and raised in a village near me before he became a British Racing car Driver WTF! lol
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Blydenstein

Finally found out why the vegetable seeds we've planted haven't sprouted, not even one...
Last night, was going to plant some more in the same pots, daughter says 'i sprinkled crisps over them all to feed them'
Beg pardon?
"I had a bag of crisps, but they were very salty so I sprinkled them over the pots to feed the plants"

So not only do I not have any seedling veggies, I can't re-use the same pots of soil/compost because my six year old is practicing war crimes.

Just been told "someone's dented your van"
Went out to check.... Been parked on the street because United utilities have shut our road and essentially cut off access to our drive for the duration.
Sure enough, there's a mild dent.... In the passenger side bumper, pavement side, so obviously some oik did it last night surely after I heard the traffic cones being thrown around the street at 10pm.
Going to try the hot water/compressed air truck first, and if that doesn't work, have to pay someone to come pull it out.
Never rains but pours..... This week is already panning out to be a crock

They are a bit rubbish. I ended up rubbing mine down, repainting and then encasing them in heat shrink tubing, but I can tell they are still rusting below the heat shrink as it's beginning to bubble.
Shrinked over the skanky SGS struts today, not perfect but looks better for now. SGS did respond again and did confirm in a roundabout way that if you use their struts on a car, they will rust and that they do have stainless ones at extra cost. Not sure if I would trust them when these ones fail completely but I’ll worry about that then.

Finally found out why the vegetable seeds we've planted haven't sprouted, not even one...
Last night, was going to plant some more in the same pots, daughter says 'i sprinkled crisps over them all to feed them'
Beg pardon?
"I had a bag of crisps, but they were very salty so I sprinkled them over the pots to feed the plants"

So not only do I not have any seedling veggies, I can't re-use the same pots of soil/compost because my six year old is practicing war crimes.
Hi Gwilo - Is your daughter called Nematode? She can always come to my allotment as we always get a load of slugs every spring.

Flow won't insure me. 2 claims in 2019 might be the reason. One was caused by my ex wife stealth parking at a stupid angle behind me, kids jump in mine, mirrors empty, full send in reverse only to work out she had done some mad 45 degree shit behind me! Admiral want £800 so best so far is Mark Richard at about 650 with 4 years no claims insured.

Back