• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

So on Friday last week my work mate and I were travelling down the a1. I wasnt driving so I had my nose buried in my phone oblivious to the road. I then hear my work mate say "oops" in a worried tone. I looked up to see the rear end of a golf maybe 4 feet in front and getting closer. At pretty much the same moment the van left the road and bounced down the grass verge, smashing over a couple of drains and curbs with a loud crash. We then stopped pretty damn quick in a lay by without rejoining the road. So I jumped out and expected to find bits hanging off and burst tires but no it was visually ok. Turns out my mate fell a sleep for a moment. Pretty glad he woke up when he did or the first I'd have known would ha e been hitting the golf. Just heard back from the garage.......
Track-rod arm and track-rod end are bent. Shock is fucked and has smashed the top mount, control arm is bent and the ball joint is smashed. rear spring is broken and both front and rear tires have taken the brunt of the damage and front subframe may have moved in the impact. This explains why it didn't feel quite right while I nursed it home. Don't worry tho as it was all done to a VW T6. Hahaha.

So on Friday last week my work mate and I were travelling down the a1. I wasnt driving so I had my nose buried in my phone oblivious to the road. I then hear my work mate say "oops" in a worried tone. I looked up to see the rear end of a golf maybe 4 feet in front and getting closer. At pretty much the same moment the van left the road and bounced down the grass verge, smashing over a couple of drains and curbs with a loud crash. We then stopped pretty damn quick in a lay by without rejoining the road. So I jumped out and expected to find bits hanging off and burst tires but no it was visually ok. Turns out my mate fell a sleep for a moment. Pretty glad he woke up when he did or the first I'd have known would ha e been hitting the golf. Just heard back from the garage.......
Track-rod arm and track-rod end are bent. Shock is fucked and has smashed the top mount, control arm is bent and the ball joint is smashed. rear spring is broken and both front and rear tires have taken the brunt of the damage and front subframe may have moved in the impact. This explains why it didn't feel quite right while I nursed it home. Don't worry tho as it was all done to a VW T6. Hahaha.

Holy feck mate, that was lucky for both of you...

One less VW to clutter the road - at least you're OK to tell the tale , best if you drive in future 😊
It'll be back on the road later this week. So in the meantime I have to drive the bosses personal t6 combi. My work mate isn't insured on that 1. Haha.

So now ive got my Elgrand🚐,was on my wish list & now gone out & bought this a Yamaha xs650 se american import,second uk owner to be turned into a "street tracker"👍😝realy need to have my op & get back to work ,all this sitting around at home browsing internet auction sites putting a big dent in my bank balance 😉🤣🤣🤣19828

So now ive got my Elgrand🚐,was on my wish list & now gone out & bought this a Yamaha xs650 se american import,second uk owner to be turned into a "street tracker"👍😝realy need to have my op & get back to work ,all this sitting around at home browsing internet auction sites putting a big dent in my bank balance 😉🤣🤣🤣View attachment 19828
Think of all the toys you get to play with once you're all good after the op. 😁😀
It looks very clean.

Think of all the toys you get to play with once you're all good after the op. 😁😀
It looks very clean.
Yeah got it local was an absolute bargin considering what they go for and loads of work done to it,been converted to amal carbs & fitted with Dunstall silencers.Bloke chucked a shed load of spares n bits in to.Looks like im going to be "very busy"😉

Fukin brain dead morons.
Twice today - parked at the back of half empty carparks.
DON'T PARK NEXT TO ME YOU MONGREL.
HATEHATEHATE

Attachments

• 20190618_143808.jpg
    20190618_143808.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190617_164951.jpg
    20190617_164951.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 35
Are there any dealers out there that do more than valet the cars and bung them on the forecourt? I am starting to wonder. A friend of mine asked me to go along and look at a car she was buying, because I know what to look for. She is looking at a 12 plate or thereabouts Range Rover Evoque, so not an inconsiderable amount of money is being spent. When I checked the oil level using the dipstick, it was almost not long enough to reach the oil. Well below minimum, to the astonishment of the dealer who protested that the self diagnostics did not show low oil level. We walked away...

Of the two Elgrands I looked at before I bought mine, one had a completely dry dipstick, and one was about the same as the Evoque. The one I bought was the first that I found that had an oil level above minimum. When I bought my previous car, another one I looked at had an empty coolant tank as well as other issues.

I am starting to think that if a vehicle from a dealer has the correct levels it is mere coincidence...

Fukin brain dead morons.
Twice today - parked at the back of half empty carparks.
DON'T PARK NEXT TO ME YOU MONGREL.
HATEHATEHATE
I totally get it ... I / we were there first , so the rest can F off -

Last edited:
F***ing Bracknell Council Waste Management Jobsworth C***s

So, had the brakes and discs changed on the car last week but still hadn't taken them out of the van, so I thought while I was in Bracknell getting a tyre changed, I'd take an 800yd drive down the same road to Bracknell tip, as I was in the area, I thought it would save time having to drive to Camberley (12-15ish miles away) and the extra fuel cost.

Argued like cat and dog with 4 clipboard W*****s who insisted i needed a permit for my commercial vehicle and they insisted my fully glass windowed car was a 'panel van', not an MPV, I even showed them the 3 rows of luxury half leather seats, nope, nada, then they said I wasn't allowed because I didn't live in the area, i was 2 miles outside of their zone, so had to drive to Camberley tip anyway, where the blokes there didn't even say hello on the gate and just let anyone in, I went in and dumped the stuff off.

I totally understand why some people fly tip nowadays, especially if you/they have to drive further away to a different waste management site when you are already at a waste site anyway, feckin bonkers.

Environmental savings from waste management centres is a f****** a joke if you're making people drive further away and burn more fuel...

Rant over but still well pissied off

Last edited:
F***ing Bracknell Council Waste Management Jobsworth C***s

So, had the brakes and discs changed on the car last week but still hadn't taken them out of the van, so I thought while I was in Bracknell getting a tyre changed, I'd take an 800yd drive down the same road to Bracknell tip, as I was in the area, I thought it would save time having to drive to Camberley (12-15ish miles away) and the extra fuel cost.

Argued like cat and dog with 4 clipboard W*****s who insisted i needed a permit for my commercial vehicle and they insisted my fully glass windowed car was a 'panel van', not an MPV, I even showed them the 3 rows of luxury half leather seats, nope, nada, then they said I wasn't allowed because I didn't live in the area, i was 2 miles outside of their zone, so had to drive to Camberley tip anyway, where the blokes there didn't even say hello on the gate and just let anyone in, I went in and dumped the stuff off.

I totally understand why some people fly tip nowadays, especially if you/they have to drive further away to a different waste management site when you are already at a waste site anyway, feckin bonkers.

Environmental savings from waste management centres is a f****** a joke if you're making people drive further away and burn more fuel...

Rant over but still well pissied off
I think mine is classes as an estate car on the v5. Luckily the tip I go to has miserable twonks working there that don't speak to any one.
How they can say it's a commercial vehicle is quite beyond me. Knob jockeys.

Back