• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Ummm what the actual F? Trying to get a small $20k loan approved to get my Elgrand and the bank keeps asking for more proof, references etc. They say my profile is TOO STRONG for someone my age...WTF! I'm not exactly young. 33 with 2 houses and a good paying career and they are sus on me, even after providing pay slips, group certificate, contact details of my boss, presonal references, bank statements...I'm about to tell them to F off and go somewhere else...idiots

WTF Shell V Power at Membury service £1.62 per litre:eek::mad: £7.37 per gallon! 30p per litre more than my local Shell, robbing bastards.
I know!!
Just filled up with LPG at ASDA - 52.7p/ltr.
That's a multiplier of >x3.
So if I'm doing 25MPG then that's the equlivant of 75MPG out of my Elgrand!
And some people still umm & arrr about getting LPG!
Hilarious.

WTF Shell V Power at Membury service £1.62 per litre:eek::mad: £7.37 per gallon! 30p per litre more than my local Shell, robbing bastards.
I always do my "homework" before I leave on a long run, I point blank refuse to be ripped off on the motorway, I look for off motorway service stations that are not too far off the motorway, as you have just demonstrated 30p a litre more on a full tank (73ltrs) is a huge increase in cost £21 or there abouts, its just not right.

If you're a Tesco momentum99 user, use voice commands on your phone/tablet "ok google" "nearest Tesco supermarket" :) It'll tell you a list of a few & how many miles away from your location at the time.

Some of the small rural Tescos don't do momentum99 though.

Ummm what the actual F? Trying to get a small $20k loan approved to get my Elgrand and the bank keeps asking for more proof, references etc. They say my profile is TOO STRONG for someone my age...WTF! I'm not exactly young. 33 with 2 houses and a good paying career and they are sus on me, even after providing pay slips, group certificate, contact details of my boss, presonal references, bank statements...I'm about to tell them to F off and go somewhere else...idiots
Had a similar experience applying for a Halifax credit card. They had given my daughter one (a student living on a student loan and the money my wife and I gave her). They refused to let me and the wife have one. No particular reason given. We both had good jobs at the time. Can only think that they preferred people who would not be able to pay the card off each month. 😠

Had a similar experience applying for a Halifax credit card. They had given my daughter one (a student living on a student loan and the money my wife and I gave her). They refused to let me and the wife have one. No particular reason given. We both had good jobs at the time. Can only think that they preferred people who would not be able to pay the card off each month. 😠
I was trying to do a balance transfer from one of my credit cards (0% for 2 years) I applied for the card and got knocked back, I was so annoyed I rang the company and asked why they had refused as I had assets, money in the bank and a good salary and an impeccable credit score. The guy said that as I had 3 cards that still had capacity on them I was effectively walking around with over £20,000 of available credit, I explained that I wanted to take advantage of the 0% offer and therefore didn't want additional credit just 0% interest which is what I thought they were offering, the guy said that they would reconsider the application and they sent me a card with £10000 limit. I duly transferred the £2000 balance and paid it off interest free over the next 2 years and then cut the card up. If they want to give money away who am I to complain.

Where do all the phone charger cables go? Is there a monster that’s eats them in our home... I’ve brought at least 10 in the last 6 months and every time I go to charge my phone no fooking cable....?? ?
Same in our house I think the kids eat them.

I always do my "homework" before I leave on a long run, I point blank refuse to be ripped off on the motorway, I look for off motorway service stations that are not too far off the motorway, as you have just demonstrated 30p a litre more on a full tank (73ltrs) is a huge increase in cost £21 or there abouts, its just not right.
I usually try to avoid motorway stations and check for Tesco's on the route but was too bone idle this time and paid the price.

Same in our house I think the kids eat them.
I am just sitting here at the computer happily typing away minding my own business and one of our kids sauntered up to the desk,looked at me, picked up a power pack, unplugged my phone and said "thanks dad your the best" and walked off. I think I've just been mugged:weary_face:

Yeah membury is unbelievably expensive! If you come off at 14 and go north there's a little garage up there.

WTF has happened to the forum? Someone has been fiddling.

WTF do I say to someone that is complaining that their OH is spending all their time playing with the Subaru rather than paying them attention and it’s been happening for months?

Verbally I say have you tried talking about it, I’m sure it will be okay.

In my head I’m going well they are obviously not interested in you then are they, they need to grow up and now shut the **** up.

WTF do I say to someone that is complaining that their OH is spending all their time playing with the Subaru rather than paying them attention and it’s been happening for months?

Verbally I say have you tried talking about it, I’m sure it will be okay.

In my head I’m going well they are obviously not interested in you then are they, they need to grow up and now shut the **** up.

Tell them be thankful they haven't bought an Elgrand 🤷

Back