• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I think that was so he could spend more time and give more attention to his family.
That's probably true but his parting gambit on FB wasn't a complimentary one...

Really? Why?
I thought Chris was the gentleman who’s friend had passed away so was going to concentrate less on Elgrands and more on family, so thought that was why he’d gone. Apparently somethings going on in FB so I guess it might be connected to that.

Sadly there are some less than nice people about that enjoy spoiling things for others. Thankfully there are none here.

Family comes first don't have a dig at him
I was not having a dig. I agree family come first and thought that might be the reason he was no longer here. We have since been told why he left. But at no point was it a dig!

Family comes first don't have a dig at him

Wasn’t having a dig, just asking a question.

I was with Chris on Sunday morning at the Haynes meet, we were the first 2 at the meeting point and we had a good chat about his situation and he said he was going to scale things back but not leave completely, I was even in a forum conversation with him on Sunday night about rear LED lights, so was a bit surprised to read he'd left, hence my question.

I certainly wasn't haven't having a dig at him.

Last edited:
We don't dig digs round here. There was nothing derogatory in either of those posts.

Towards end of January hubby got offered a job at another company. They begged him to come. He left his job of almost 11 years to go work for these people.
Come paydays they always pay days late. 3 months down the line they retrench him.
Here he is 52 years old and unemployed.
In SA you are a has been at a certain age.
We are so screwed, bank going to take our house as we can't pay it.

Towards end of January hubby got offered a job at another company. They begged him to come. He left his job of almost 11 years to go work for these people.
Come paydays they always pay days late. 3 months down the line they retrench him.
Here he is 52 years old and unemployed.
In SA you are a has been at a certain age.
We are so screwed, bank going to take our house as we can't pay it.

So sorry to hear this and hope you can sort something out.

So I'm looking on FB Marketplace trying to score some local car bargains and I came across this of all things, it's not the price tag that made me put this in the 'WHAT THE FUCK!!! section, it's that its a Mint green colour, mint fucking green for £1.5m, lol

1557421009757.png

This is a great thread :joy::sob:. No complaints today but I might have if I don't sort out my rear cats sharpish!

I'll bear this in mind if I want a moan.

So I'm looking on FB Marketplace trying to score some local car bargains and I came across this of all things, it's not the price tag that made me put this in the 'WHAT THE FUCK!!! section, it's that its a Mint green colour, mint fucking green for £1.5m, lol

View attachment 17671
WTF, how much would a white, black or silver one be!!!😂

So my daughter asks for advice,boyfriend stuff
Generally he's being a dick with her,telling her what she can and cant do,spending HER birthday money on useless tat that she doesn't need,she's just been to Amsterdam with college +24 others for some work experience ( travel and tourism course )of course she puts some photo's of her having a good time and in a bikini and he goes and rant rage with her and telling her when she gets back they are going to have serious words,as her dad ive told her to dump his sorry ass before the next time i see him,even her mum said same,now she's gone to his feckin house and sleeping over,i dont know why i bother...kids ask for advice then do the fecking opposite,i just have this sick gut feeling 1 day he's going to slap her about,then ill go fucking nuclear on his ass.

Back