• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Just put my regs for 2004 petrol Ellie and 2010 diesel Beemer into the London Ultra Low Emission Zone site https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/vrm-checker-ulez that says if you have to pay an EXTRA £12.50 on top of the usual £11.50 congestion charge as of 8th April 2019.
Both motors are liable:mad:. Another good reason not to go to the smoke.
There is lots of information in the Forum on this subject. Living on the border of the proposed Greater London ULEV I am particularly concerned about the charge that is going to be made. One of the Forum members has given information on how to get a Euro 4 certificate from Berlin. I have sent off for one also, and am hoping that the powers that be will accept the fact that my 2004 Elgrand is in fact Euro 4 compliant, based on the emissions data provided by Nissan and a Euro 4 certificate from Berlin (assuming I get one). I am sure it is written somewhere that it is the Euro 4 compliance that is important and not the 2005 cut off date when it became mandatory for all new cars sold in the EU.

last week went into proparts to see if he had any silver indicator bulbs to tidy the front up :cool:they didnt have any but said they were t20 size :cool: ordered some on line they arrived this afternoon :)they DONT FIT :mad:right size bulb but there are some little bobbles on the original bulbs and the ones on the new ones are just a tad bigger :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Never rains but it pours. Having survived an attempted robbery in Tenerife. Last night some bastard stole my daughter's car. She was standing by it at the time, he pushed past her got into the driver's seat. My daughter was screaming at him and opened the back door, but drove off, chased by a passed by. Within 15 minutes her credit cards were being used by this bloody contactless system that allows expenditure up to £30 without pin number. She managed to cancel one card very quickly but the other took longer. The thief used one of the cards at 4 different locations to buy booze. I went to three of them. One was very helpful and showed me the video of this guy and his female accomplice. The female tried to use the card that had been cancelled. It was refused. The shopkeeper asked her if she could put the PIN in but she didn't know it.
Everything was reported to the police, including the times and locations where the card was used. At least three of the locations had CCTV images. When I went to the local police station this morning the woman there said that the case had been closed (without them doing anything). When I explained that it was an "aggrevated theft", and that there were various videos of the person concerned she re-opened it and raised it to a crime. She said that the policeman who had made the initial report was a probationary officer and his report wasn't very detailed. I asked what would would be done about it and she said that when he came back on duty in the evening he would be given the additional information to follow it up. In the mean time nothing would be done.
Because the keys were in the car when it was stolen the insurance company said they probably would not pay any compensation. My son-in-law and I went looking for the car, and by asking around found a likely area where the thief might live. My son-in-law found the car in a car park behind a block of flats, near the location suggested to us (one in a million chance). We phoned the police to see if they would come and take fingerprints, but they said they were to busy and that my son-in-law should drive it home. To be fare, they did come along later in the day.
The thing that amazes me is that it was an aggrevated robbery that has distressed my daughter very much, but even with video evidence and recovery of the car, the police really don't seem to have the resources to do much. If it was simply a car theft they would have just closed it without doing anything. The helpful shopkeeper let me film his CCTV which helped very much. The woman in the video was particularly known to local shopkeepers as a shoplifter who walks with a distinctive limp. They said that the police must know who she is.
Clearly the police force has been cut back so much that it's getting to be a case of DIY, or don't hold your breath for the police to do anything.

Really sorry to hear this buddy, I can imagine how frustrated must feel.

That’s sh1t. Is your daughter ok.
She's OK, but very worried because this sod has all her personal details, including driving licence and address. The thief still has one of the keys, so she will have to get the keys changed. She is currently worried to be in her own house by herself. The sooner the police get this guy and hopefully the return of my daughter's personal details, the better. Just don't hold out too much hope.

She's OK, but very worried because this sod has all her personal details, including driving licence and address. The thief still has one of the keys, so she will have to get the keys changed. She is currently worried to be in her own house by herself. The sooner the police get this guy and hopefully the return of my daughter's personal details, the better. Just don't hold out too much hope.
A fucking awful and sad sign of the times, no deterrent so they keep doing it with no fear at all.

So sorry to hear this. It really shouldn't happen but sadly so often does. Really feel for you all, especially your daughter. So upsetting to see this happening to you and your family.

Scumbags, the worst of these things is the mental anguish it causes rather than loss of property.

It’s moral fabric of society breaking down, robbing basturds don’t give a shit about your hard work just their personal gains without doing the hard work themselves.police cuts all the time can’t remember last time a saw a copper on the beat. As kids we were shit scared of the police even though you were doing nothing wrong.. some kids now days they have no fear or respect for them and they grow up to be scummy thieves...it’s frightening how bad it’s getting..hope your daughter is ok and they find the scum that caused this..read in the paper that they could see a drug dealers fingerprints on a photo enough to charge him , but even with the information you have they will probably say they have a lack of evidence..

When you find them , break there fingers so they can't theive again . I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be glad to do it for you .

And with the announcement that they're thinking of doing away with convictions under 6 months to save jail space these useless morons know they can get away with it.

Sorry to hear @Frogeyepete and hope you're daughter is ok.

What a nightmare! This sounds like it needs to be a DIY job bud, you've already done so much more work than the police have.

I was involved in an aggrevated car theft when I was younger, a celica GT4, went straight to police bit nothing ever came of it just a crime ref number to give to my insurance company.

The car he turned up in was also stolen but they didn't manage (or bother) to get evidence from that.

Police are just not interested in car theft these days, too much legwork and resource required for (in their eyes) a low rate crime.

South Africa has a good solution, private security companies that chase down car thief's (and some pretty aggressive anti hijack measures)

Really hope your daughter gets over this without too much issue and hope that some justice gets served to the scrotes be it by official measures or other means....

@Frogeyepete, sorry to hear about that, I'm afraid you don't surprise me with the Police lack of interest. Hopefully your daughter will feel better after a little time has passed.

My impressions are that they no longer seem interested in crimes and do not seem to help and support the honest people and victims in the local community. There are I'm sure a few good ones still in the force but the overall attitude certainly doesn't instil me with faith and confidence.

I don't know where its all gone wrong, they just seem to want to generate cash from motorists. When my shed was broken into I didn't bother contacting them, there only seems point if you need a crime number for an insurance company.

Sorry to hear this mate
This should still be investigated ,but unfortunately it will take some time, did you get a crime number ?? (little thing , but it stops the case being simply dismissed )
As for d.i.y--i'm a fan of it but NOT of broadcasting it first if you catch my drift---you wouldn't be surprised to know that d.i.y WILL be investigated much faster these days than the theft, and the scum doing the crimes know it and rely on it (Bastards)

Oh no sorry to hear about your daughters troubles.

Sorry to hear what happened .. its all been said above. so give her a big hug from my family

The worst thing is if Pete's son in law had got hold of one of them & gave him a sorting, plod would turn up blue lights a flashing. Until we get back to victims having more rights than criminals we're knackered :mad:

Back