• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Yeah he was giving it all the permit shit! I use the tip half a dozen times a year and never had a problem before.
I basically told him I've got 8 seats in here so how does that make it a van 😉 got my way in the end so it's all gravy 😎

I’ve had a run in at my local tip.. as I explained to him” don’t get all high n mighty fella at the end of the day you work in a fucking dump” ..I get skips Delivered now at home as I can’t be fucked with all the politics , you can’t dump that here you can’t come in here with your roofing truck as it’s trade waste , when does a mattress help in the construction trade you half wit..and all that shite...

I’ve had a run in at my local tip.. as I explained to him” don’t get all high n mighty fella at the end of the day you work in a fucking dump” ..I get skips Delivered now at home as I can’t be fucked with all the politics , you can’t dump that here you can’t come in here with your roofing truck as it’s trade waste , when does a mattress help in the construction trade you half wit..and all that shite...
Yep,I've had to sign disclaimer stating it's domestic rubbish that ive taken there in my 8 seater mpv "van"🚐,couldnt be arsed to argue but they then wonder why people fly tip all over the place😣😣might get some magnetic "not a van" signs made up for a laugh😉,see if they 🐒🐒can tell the difference still😆😆

Back in my band days as we had seats in the back of the van it was classed as a car on toll roads/bridges and that was a transit van. Its an odd world of overlapping rules. Its common knowledge the council is full of jobs worths they have to grab that little moment of power in their mundane lives.

No wonder
Yep,I've had to sign disclaimer stating it's domestic rubbish that ive taken there in my 8 seater mpv "van"🚐,couldnt be arsed to argue but they then wonder why people fly tip all over the place😣😣might get some magnetic "not a van" signs made up for a laugh😉,see if they 🐒🐒can tell the difference still😆😆
so much fly tipping goes on in country lanes in our area.. then they moan about the clear up cost when they make it so hard to tip lawfully.. my mate was clearing his house and had a piece of plasterboard and 200 mm square and they wanted to charge him £10 to dump it at the tip.. so it ended up in his wheely bin...

been there got the t-shirt:rolleyes: baned two years ago when they wanted to charge me 7.50 for a sink pedestal:eek: tried to block me from putting it in the skip so lobed it in the empty one next to me :) they all started screaming and shouting like chimps at a tea party :worried: just went to another tip :cool: power monkeys the lot of them :mad:

They're ridiculous aren't they. Last time I went they wouldn't let me dispose of a bicycle tyre! So I asked where I could take it to get rid. He told me to take it home and put it in my wheely bin.
So it's going to go to exactly the same place as the tip skip just via a different route... go figure 🤔

There used to be two tips in my area, the council stopped running one and handed it over to a local charity who starting charging. Very expensive, the workers there seems to make u prices as they went along starting at £8 for a small bag, it has since closed. When it was free you used to be queuing at the gates for ages at the weekend. The free one is about 8 miles away, so fly tipping is a problem again.

Its mad isn't it. The spend millions clearing up fly tipped rubbish which wouldn't be there if there wasn't some much red tape involved in taking it to the tip. Bureaucratic knob jockeyism is the main problem here.

The fly-tipping clean up bill in this area is phenomenal already and they are about to close the local tips, so it's only going to get worse.

Around here they just simply drive along and tail lift the lot off into the country roads... wan*ers.

Just put my regs for 2004 petrol Ellie and 2010 diesel Beemer into the London Ultra Low Emission Zone site https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/vrm-checker-ulez that says if you have to pay an EXTRA £12.50 on top of the usual £11.50 congestion charge as of 8th April 2019.
Both motors are liable:mad:. Another good reason not to go to the smoke.

London is horrible anyway

I'm 25 miles from London and shudder at the thought of going there (or anywhere near there, lol). It's not the actual place itself, it's just the shit journey to get there by car or train...

Boss “ how long to do you think it will take to construct something that you have never done before as I need to price it?” I don’t know as I’ve never installed a powered coated aluminium bulls nose detail on a building which has curves .. ... but give me a rough guess.. fucked if I know .wasn’t the answer he was looking for

I'm 25 miles from London and shudder at the thought of going there (or anywhere near there, lol). It's not the actual place itself, it's just the shit journey to get there by car or train...
Going into London for a jolly is good but going into London for work is shit ...

As if we already don't have reason to gloat..
"Ford and Volkswagen have agreed to co-operate on the development of vans and pickup trucks in a bid to reduce costs"
So looking forward to calling future Vdubs Fords :joy:.

Back