• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Fucking Christmas. What a fucking farce. I hate it.
Everywhere is busy. Can't "pop to the shops" because everyone is buying a months worth of food to prepare for them being closed for a whole day. The same old fucking Christmas songs on repeat. Mariah Fucking Carey can fuck off.
Then there's working around Christmas, getting time off around Christmas, trying to organise time so that everyone is happy, but never managing to achieve it and someone always taking the huff and causing trouble.
Then you get the PC brigade trying to ruin the only decent things about it... wanting to ban the only decent Christmas song (Fairytale of New York) because it contains the word faggot... saying that Santa should be portrayed as a woman/gender neutral.

What the fuck is wrong with the world? Can we please get rid of this shitty festival that was stolen by bronze age megalomaniacs to instil fear in the hearts of the uneducated populace... and then raped by advertising companies and toy manufacturers to bankrupt you for the next 12 months.

Christmas can fuck off.

Fucking Christmas. What a fucking farce. I hate it.
Everywhere is busy. Can't "pop to the shops" because everyone is buying a months worth of food to prepare for them being closed for a whole day. The same old fucking Christmas songs on repeat. Mariah Fucking Carey can fuck off.
Then there's working around Christmas, getting time off around Christmas, trying to organise time so that everyone is happy, but never managing to achieve it and someone always taking the huff and causing trouble.
Then you get the PC brigade trying to ruin the only decent things about it... wanting to ban the only decent Christmas song (Fairytale of New York) because it contains the word faggot... saying that Santa should be portrayed as a woman/gender neutral.

What the fuck is wrong with the world? Can we please get rid of this shitty festival that was stolen by bronze age megalomaniacs to instil fear in the hearts of the uneducated populace... and then raped by advertising companies and toy manufacturers to bankrupt you for the next 12 months.

Christmas can fuck off.
Santa is a man. End of.

Last edited:
oooh someone not got the prezie they wanted :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: as for scooters yep bloody pain :( horses get in a field :eek: just spent waaay to much for mrs present :( bah humbug wheres my single malt :p going to hibernate till jan 10th :cool: did i miss anything :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

A mobility scooter is not allowed to do 5mph on the pavement, mobility scooters normally come in either 4mph or 4 and 8mph, max permissable speed on the pavement 4mph hence the reason for going on the road.

Don't knock horses and bicycles, they'll be all that's left after the apocalypse.
And there'll still be some dooshbag dressed in full lycra. I'll be getting an old Merc t2 after the apocalypse you can run those on the shitest of fuels. Mad max style of course.

Back to the electric mobility scooter issue.
For several years now all new mobility scooters needed to have a full size rear number plate only with registration number issued by DVLA.
They must be taxed every year, disabled tax, and the DVLA issue it free when you apply for it. I don't think that you needed insurance but I think it was recommended.
If you are caught over the drink driving limit by being breathalysed while in control of an electric mobility scooter or electric wheelchair your driving license will be suspended, minimum 12 month ban, and you will no longer be able to drive anything on the road other than, you guessed it, an electric mobility scooter. You don't actually need a license to drive one!
This was the situation a couple of years ago when tax disks were still being issued, and had to be displayed on said vehicle.

Crazy state of affairs but that is how it worked for a friend of mine who is no longer with us.

One day he was coming out of his back yard on said buggy and a local police officer asked him where he thought he was going and told him in no uncertain terms that if he caught him back out on the highway without a certified crash helmet on and fastened he would have him prosecuted.
After some 90 minutes on the telephone to our local police headquarters we all agreed that as it was a 4 wheeled buggy the helmet was not required, much to the embarrassment of said police officer.
Helmets are only compulsory on 2 wheeled vehicles, or 3 wheeled vehicles if 2 of the wheels are close together, something in the region of 18 inches to 2 feet apart.

What a wonderful place we live in!!

Unfortunately I do have an issue with this @Phil , as I always thought Santa wore a hat, ah well, I'm sure I could learn to live without it....

I'm quite happy with Santa being a woman ;):joy:

I'm not PC at all but if anybody is offended I'll delete it:)

View attachment 12179

Last edited:
Back