• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

My Son's been in hospital for about 10 days now and (long story short) they misdiagnosed appendicitis as a bowel blockage (it's more complicated but that's basically the gist). A few days and enemas later his appendix burst and, well, he almost didn't make it. He's on the mend now but they gave him a CT scan yesterday and came with the results today - WTF, he has ovaries! Which means a woman somewhere can't have kids and doesn't know she just had her appendix out :mad:

Now I'm the sort of person whose outlook is to think that these people know what they're going and I put my total faith in their training and dedication.

Today I'm not sure anyone knows what the fuck they're doing any more, apart from the surgeon that saved his life that is.

FGS this is horrendous, sorry for all you and the family are going through.
You know we are only down the road if you need anything (Christ knows what) but if you think of anything just let me know. x

My Son's been in hospital for about 10 days now and (long story short) they misdiagnosed appendicitis as a bowel blockage (it's more complicated but that's basically the gist). A few days and enemas later his appendix burst and, well, he almost didn't make it. He's on the mend now but they gave him a CT scan yesterday and came with the results today - WTF, he has ovaries! Which means a woman somewhere can't have kids and doesn't know she just had her appendix out :mad:

Now I'm the sort of person whose outlook is to think that these people know what they're going and I put my total faith in their training and dedication.

Today I'm not sure anyone knows what the fuck they're doing any more, apart from the surgeon that saved his life that is.

Best wishes to you and your son for a speedy recovery

Wow. Get well soon to you son. I had a misdiagnosed appendicitis when I was in my 20s. It's not pleasant but he'll be fine. Get ready for lots and lots of TLC. On a side note you have a case for medical incompetence. As had he not been given the wrong diagnosis his appendix would have been been removed before it burst.

@MrChops so sorry to hear about your son. We really hope he makes a speedy recovery and isn't left traumatised by the whole debacle. Pilgrim hospital in Boston is notorious for severe cock-ups...the horror stories are abundant.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, yeah he's getting there so should be out in a few days. Still got some infection on his abdomen after everything exploded. Oh, and they tracked down the correct scan results, so that's a, erm, result.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, yeah he's getting there so should be out in a few days. Still got some infection on his abdomen after everything exploded. Oh, and they tracked down the correct scan results, so that's a, erm, result.
Good to know. xx

Good hear he's on the mend and out soon, sad that hospitals can be a dangerous place, I know from experience.

Glad to hear it 👍in a few days he may complain of a very sharp pain in his ribs/chest. Don't panic though. ( as my parents did ) it turned out to be bruising from the clamps they use to hold the wound open while operating. I'm sure you'll all be happy once he's home and resting.

So, I went to Wembley Stadium yesterday for an NFL game which was great... but WTF sports venues?, £31.50 for 6 bottles of Budweiser, that's £5.25 each for a feckin 300ml bottle FFS, that's not even a feckin pint, you can currently get 6 x 300ml bottles from Tesco for £5.00 you feckin rip off ****s

IMG_4099.jpg

Last edited:
So, I went to Wembley Stadium yesterday for an NFL game which was great... but WTF sports venues, £31.50 for 6 bottles of Budweiser, that's £5.25 each for a feckin 300ml bottle FFS, that's not even a feckin pint, you can currently get 6 x 300ml bottles from Tesco for £5.00 you feckin rip off ****s

View attachment 10303
Who's your team @Claptrap ?

It’s sad that hospitals are under so much pressure due to staff and funding shortages that these mistakes happen. I’m not trying to make excuses for the NHS but we should remember the good work they do also. I understand your anger / frustration but your son is on the mend now. I will keep everything crossed for you and your family and hope for a speedy recovery from here.

@Claptrap I like watching the Green bay packers, second are the titans third are the rams...I have no loyalty lol...I am not a huge follower of American football, but I would love to take in the atmosphere of a live game! The beer prices not so much! It's a more tactical game I think.😊

So, I went to Wembley Stadium yesterday for an NFL game which was great... but WTF sports venues?, £31.50 for 6 bottles of Budweiser, that's £5.25 each for a feckin 300ml bottle FFS, that's not even a feckin pint, you can currently get 6 x 300ml bottles from Tesco for £5.00 you feckin rip off ****s

View attachment 10303
It’s not just sports venues. I go to a fair few concerts and there just as bad. If I’m not driving I tend to set of early and have a couple of decent reasonably priced pints before I go in. You would have though they would realise by now that if they lowered the prices they would sell twice as much and have people bladdered when they turn up. Car shows and the like are just the same also. I always take a flask and food with me. I’d sooner go hungry than pay a fiver for a handful of manky chips

Its a brilliant atmosphere at Wembley, a cross section of NFL team fans go and the game last hours... so plenty of (feckin expensive) drinking time :)

You should go, we've been going for years and also used to go to see the London Monarchs back in the 90's, great days out.

@Claptrap I like watching the Green bay packers, second are the titans third are the rams...I have no loyalty lol...I am not a huge follower of American football, but I would love to take in the atmosphere of a live game! The beer prices not so much! It's a more tactical game I think.😊

Its a brilliant atmosphere at Wembley, a cross section of NFL team fans go and the game last hours... so plenty of (feckin expensive) drinking time :)

You should go, we've been going for years and also used to go to see the London Monarchs back in the 90's, great days out.
I know it isn't exactly the same, but we went to see the Cambridgeshire cats Vs Peterborough Saxons a fair few years ago. Do you like baseball too?

Yeah, Oakland A's fan but the only baseball game I've seen 'live' was in 1991 when I caught a game in Minnesota, Twins v Seatle Mariners, Twins won that game and also the World Series that year :)

I know it isn't exactly the same, but we went to see the Cambridgeshire cats Vs Peterborough Saxons a fair few years ago. Do you like baseball too?

Last edited:
Wow! Can't say I am a big baseball fan, but we did manage to catch the Toronto blue jays at their stadium a few years back. If I can recall, I think they were playing the Boston red Sox, but I can't quite remember for sure. I think I was just overawed by the size of the stadium! It was a fab experience though.😊

Back