• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

This thread is now the official EOC footwear repair thread.

(Load of old cobblers)
I resemble that remark, being an old cobbler....no wait....codger....🤔

I resemble that remark, being an old cobbler....no wait....codger....🤔
I think you mean "resent"?
Then again, maybe you do actually resemble an old cobbler / codger?

It's been an "interesting" couple of days.
Hopped into Magnu for a short trip to the opticians for SWMBO yesterday morning, my reward was the promise of food and coffee afterwards. When we returned to Magnu the door opened on the fob but I had to wave the fob around to get it recognised.
Around 21:30 I noticed I hadn't pulled in the wing mirrors so went to sort them out, she wouldn't open on the fob. I tried the spare fob and that couldn't unlock the door either, I ended up useing the key to open the door. The internal lights didn't come on, nothing electrical would work. There was one glimmer of hope, the red light that flashes to show the immobiliser was flashing away but very dimly, if it hadn't been dark I would have missed it. That was a bit of an FML moment. I decided to leave things as they were and sort things out in the morning, the chances of both fobs running out of juice at the same time was low and it looked like the main battery had some juice in but not enough to be of any use.

At stupid o'clock this morning I woke up thinking about using my jump start battery I bought for this very eventuality. Then I remembered that is was stowed away with the leisure battery at the very back and the only access was through the tailgate - FML #2.
I wouldn't be able to open the tailgate from the outside BUT I could use the internal manual lever others have mentioned BUT that would probably mean lowering the rock and roll bed and removing the dog cage BUT to to that I would have to open the tailgate so I could get to the tensioner of one of the dog cage restraining straps - FML #3.

In the end I decided to put the battery on charge today for several hours. Success, Magnu opens on the fobs and she turned over like a goodun. A quick 20 mile run on the local motorway went without a hitch.

I believe that the fault is mine more than something wrong with the battery or electrics, due to catching COVID she's only been used for two short runs in nearly 5 weeks. I was probably lucky to get to the shops Wednesday morning and certainly luck to get home again.

WTF do some people use eBay for
Been looking at something described as “ full set” etc
Pictures show “ I think” parts missing so question it only to get the old ( someone’s coming to look) ————- still on eBay and I’m met now with deadly silence bordering on ignorance
Not very often someone doesn’t want my money
Won’t be naming shaming etc just in case this is still a little innocent etc

Dear Thameslink, I would like to return to BoB and drive home. Please can you sort whatever it is you have broken and make this happen for me.
438CD4D0-E060-4530-B354-0652D35A376C.png

Whilst on the subject..this was for sale in Costco last week.

image.jpeg

I saw it and almost ran to the bakery department but to my utter disappointment there were no Mince Pies, gutted.

Back