• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Maybe it’s time you changed to an Alphard?
For me that would be a cruel and unusual punishment.
I had an Alphard for a week before taking it back to the dealer for a full refund. It was a poor example 🤬.
I'm much happier ❤️❤️❤️ with the Elgrand so won't be changing.
Another point in favour of an Elgrand is this forum and the people on it.

Had a ride out today (as we usually do on a Sunday), this time to Cleethorpes.

Saw a few Elgrands in Cleethorpes. Parked right down at the South end and walked all the way to the North end. Saw an Elgrand with an oldish couple in it and, as we were having a bit of a rest (some of us buying doughnuts over the road), thought I'd go and say 'Hello'.

'Nice Elgrand! We've come the Cleethorpes in our Elgrand' I said, 'Are you on the ElgrandOC forum?'.

He said 'No' like he was one of Harry Enfield's 'Old gits', then put the window up and turned away lol.

I bet the owner of the other E51 we saw parked outside the arcades on the front, or the E50 we saw parked on the land-side of the main coastal drive area of the front would have been more up for a chat had they been present but those cars were empty.
Perhaps he didn’t like doughnuts, next time just take nuts, most Bafoons go for nuts ;)

After 12 years,my trusty Vibram FiveFingers have died.
Not that I got to wear them much, but still, it's very annoying, and equally confusing as I take a 10.5 in any other shoe or trainer, but these are an EU43, which is a UK size 9.

What's cooking my noodle right now is the vast array of rapid contact, flexible glues on Amazon purporting to be ok for shoe use.
Don't suppose anyone has a recommendation? I'm tempted.to just buy some car sealant like Sikaflex that I used to glue down a window seal on an old Disco, but it's too messy.

Not that I got to wear them much, but still, it's very annoying, and equally confusing as I take a 10.5 in any other shoe or trainer, but these are an EU43, which is a UK size 9.

What's cooking my noodle right now is the vast array of rapid contact, flexible glues on Amazon purporting to be ok for shoe use.
Don't suppose anyone has a recommendation? I'm tempted.to just buy some car sealant like Sikaflex that I used to glue down a window seal on an old Disco, but it's too messy.
You actually wore these ?

That is a crime punishable by Public Stoning where I live.

64B0F6CB-B1B2-4388-A913-0AC5EDCA094F.jpeg

Last edited:
I can fully understand why you went for a camouflage pair…… do they do them in “invisible ?”

👍

The only adhesive that has worked for me and shoes is CT1 but it's slow setting so you'll have to clamp/peg/tape and wait at least 24hrs.
I'm really losing faith in Amazon these days. Seems that most gear now is as fake as his "girlfriend" :mad:

The only adhesive that has worked for me and shoes is CT1 but it's slow setting so you'll have to clamp/peg/tape and wait at least 24hrs.
I'm really losing faith in Amazon these days. Seems that most gear now is as fake as his "girlfriend" :mad:
Hi mark, don't mind clamping and waiting. Is CT1 easy enough to source?

As for making them invisible....the camo makes me invisible as everyone is looking at the footwear, not what I'm doing at waist height and above ...😁

I've glued a few soles back on on (I know 🥴) with standard superglue. Always seems to do the job.

Or could just paint your feet...

Hi Joe, I've just stuck my shoe together with this stuff, pack of two for £6ish
superglue.jpg
If it puts up with what my shoes will go through tomorrow you can have my spare bottle to try, I'll let you know 👍

Hi mark, don't mind clamping and waiting. Is CT1 easy enough to source?

As for making them invisible....the camo makes me invisible as everyone is looking at the footwear, not what I'm doing at waist height and above ...😁
You can get it at Wickes now.

I hate meetings.
I've just say through yet another interminable 2hour waffle-fest ( not the good types of waffles) and the only thing I can remember was the chair over emphasised their pronunciation of "holistic"... So our strategies are either "HO-listic" or "Hole-listic".
Well, there's definitely "a hole" involved. ..

Not sorry to buck the trend but being a Big fan of Vibram 5 fingers, I can only image the anguish your going through… I was sceptical but after some pretty significant foot problems (years of issue shoes, band boots capped off with really substandard drizzly combat boots) I have gone entirely down the minimalist zero rise foot ware rabbit hole. Total convert as after the initial month or so of use I’ve not had a recurrence now 3 years in 😀 🦶

Not sorry to buck the trend but being a Big fan of Vibram 5 fingers, I can only image the anguish your going through… I was sceptical but after some pretty significant foot problems (years of issue shoes, band boots capped off with really substandard drizzly combat boots) I have gone entirely down the minimalist zero rise foot ware rabbit hole. Total convert as after the initial month or so of use I’ve not had a recurrence now 3 years in 😀 🦶
I've stopped short of the foot gloves but I do have some Merrell vapor gloves that are ultra thin. Very different way to walk and run but so much better!

I've stopped short of the foot gloves but I do have some Merrell vapor gloves that are ultra thin. Very different way to walk and run but so much better!
Totally agree, that first month or so while you relearn is interesting.. I’ve even gone down the VIVO barefoot route for work shoes 👍🏻

Hi Joe, I've just stuck my shoe together with this stuff, pack of two for £6ish
View attachment 78324
If it puts up with what my shoes will go through tomorrow you can have my spare bottle to try, I'll let you know 👍
Good news @Gwilo365 my newly glued shoes withstood the trials and tribulations today. PM me your address and I will pop a bottle in the post to you

Gorilla contact adhesive clear. Clamp it over night and is waterproof .selling on Amazon will glue anything.done trainers and shoes with it glues well . Best result when you clamp it I used a g clamp with folded car board.

This thread is now the official EOC footwear repair thread.

(Load of old cobblers)

Back