• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Ours aren't even called managers anymore, HR insist on calling them 'people leaders' (which they're not). In fact HR isn't HR anymore, they are 'People and Culture'. You couldn't make this shit up.

Oh they're at it here too.... Developing "personas" to help us understand our "customers".....
Good grief. It really isn't rocket science. That department is down across the other side of the campus.....

bad as self assessment forms last one i filled in i was a bouncer(door person)with questions like what can you bring to the team my reply was my knowledge of german poetry that went down well i said ask a silly question and you get a silly answer

funny how i was told i had an attitude problem my answer was i did not have a problem with my attitude it was them and i have never been sacked and have been asked to come back to a job after i have left

Now at New England bay campsite Port Logan, persisting down, pop roof decides to spring a leak, Khal not impressed, 7 years fitted……why now lord…….Kin ell. Anybody know a good pop top repairer in the South.

Ours aren't even called managers anymore, HR insist on calling them 'people leaders' (which they're not). In fact HR isn't HR anymore, they are 'People and Culture'. You couldn't make this shit up.
"People Leaders" FFS! I hear tell that "Brainstorming Sessions" are verboten now for fear of offending epileptics and stroke survivors.....

I wonder if Titty Feeler above was an MP done for fiddling ( expenses )

Disciplinary? Oooh err matron 😂
Don't get me started Joe, my work department is like a throwback to the 70's. On a serious note it's sad that "taking the mick" is now a disciplinary offence if not down right illegal....

You know this is what I like about us Ellie owners, we're quite, unassuming, & never be found showing off in any way...😇

But! then there's one...🙄
IMG_20220519_165248955_kindlephoto-626442343.jpg

To right I am...😎🖕😁

Last edited:
Why do some people think it's ok to spray over dust and shit surfaces thickly and then just rub down and clear coat
just finished rubbing down the side skirts to find loads of pinholes (looks like friggin woodworm)
So , spray filler/primer it will be as the tossers came close to going through the gell coat too :mad:

Thoughts on this?
First off, I don't think for a minute half the population believe this.
Secondly, the fault lies with the impatient, selfish, self-serving, aggressive and entitled attitude of the majority of drivers.
A bit of respect and patience for everyone else would fix the (non) problem.

Oh, and ban all the Audi A1 and Mercedes A class drivers. THEY'RE the real problem!

Thoughts on this? [banned from driving when reaching old codger status]
It was a YouGov poll, which means it's been completed by a representative sample of broke people clicking semi-random answers to collect their pitiful reward with as little wasted time possible 👍

It was a YouGov poll, which means it's been completed by a representative sample of far right knuckle dragging Neanderthals clicking random answers to collect their pitiful reward with as little wasted time possible 👍
Fixed that for you.

Though to be fair, there are cases that would support this. My own granddad being one. 5 write offs in less than five years, each with an interesting excuse - " I didn't see them" about the ferkin huge skip wagon two foot in from of him;; "I was blinded by the sun" x3 and the one where he thought the sudden brake lights and hazards in the cast in front meant they were inviting him to overtake them..... Via accelerating straight into their boot.
It's a wonder the insurance company kept insuring him. It was only the intervention of TWO religious ministers that persuaded him to hand back just license due to safety.

Though to be fair, there are cases that would support this.
Similar experience with my late father and late father in law, luckily neither had any accidents but they had to be "persuaded" to not drive. Mother in law (84) is going to be next.
I've told SWMBO ( @YvonneW ) to get me to stop driving if she thinks I'm past it, she may not drive but she's a very experienced passenger with highly tuned bullshit sensors.

I think all elderly drivers should be banned from driving and encouraged to use their free bus pass as that is what it’s for.

I shall decide at what age they should lose their license/independence and obviously because I am in charge when my time comes to lose mine I will be exempt, because I’m the boss.

So I see VW have settled the UK dieselgate palaver out of court with no liability or guilt admitted for pennies compared to the financial drubbing in America, Australia and Germany.
Payout pot is £193 million split between 91k claimant....and the lawyers. Payout to claimants £350. Who gets the rest? Yep. Lawyers.
Welcome to Britain, where big business and vested interests trump the consumer all day long.👍

Back