• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Thanks for your very detailed reply. Certainly serves to inspire confidence in these machines. Would definitely go for an MX5 10 years old or younger. Would find the Roadster interesting, but I think that I have enough to keep me interested in the Elgrand.
Haven't driven either (yet) but that would put you in to mk 3 / 3.5 or 4 territory. Just beware the 3 / 3.5 are a bigger car - if it wasn't for that I would be tempted myself.

Ouch, just looked it up and it don’t look good, I can imagine you get a lot of pain from it ☹️
Thank you Samantha 0911, it really is! It's a difficult condition to deal with, but undergoing physiotherapy x

Smart car failed mot on a sidelight bulb. I mean who fails a car on that? Just out a new bulb in and charge a fiver ya bastards.
Also...the car was overheating and went for diagnostics. So they did the diag, did the mot then waited for me to phone and ask what was going on.
Coolant sensor is playing up....£157.
I'm pretty sure there's a snapped belt too as it's unlikely smart used a pulley with no belt so they may have done the mot on a car that is overheating. Problem there is if the head gasket is now fubared or the turbo housing cracked I can't prove it's through the garage running a can that's got no coolant flowing.

I Hate Lawyers.. effing rip off useless twats! AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you do if you are locked in a room with a lion, a tiger and lawyer, and you've got a gun with only two bullets? Answer: Shoot the lawyer twice just to make sure!

Wednesday evening as usual I picked my lad up, got a Chinese for us, and headed up to my parent's farm. Half way up the lane and "WTF is all that!?".

Yep, only weeks after the last episode some dirty scumbag's tipped up another fucking load of building rubbish.

I pulled over on the side of the lane and started clearing it so we could get past. One of the tractors came up and the guy helped, so it probably took 15 minutes to clear. It was a mixture of builders rubble, rubbish, a toddler's walker, plasterboard, timber and skirting boards with nails in. They clearly started tipping and before empty just fucked off with the tipper up. This was between 5 and 6:30 that evening.

flytip2.jpgflytip1.jpg

What added insult to injury was that I backed up and off the side of the lane up to a pile of road scrapings used to mend the potholes, and in my traumatised state I rushed it and got a bit too close to the heap..

flytip4.jpg

Went up there tonight and was pleased to see the council taking it seriously this time. I really hope they find out who these wankers are.

flytip3.jpg

We're thinking about options for a camera or at least some CCTV signage.

I was seething then and I'm still pretty angry about it now. I hope the bastards die a slow and painful death.

Absolute fucking disgrace. Makes me angry just looking at the photos so god knows what it's like for you & your family :mad:

And the damage to the Elgrand too :mad:

what about a gate at end of lane? I know its a pain for residents but it worked for us when we were getting unwanted visitors and tipping. there is a psychological block to haveing to get out and open a gate.. maybe get a camera mounted near lane end too.

Wednesday evening as usual I picked my lad up, got a Chinese for us, and headed up to my parent's farm. Half way up the lane and "WTF is all that!?".

Yep, only weeks after the last episode some dirty scumbag's tipped up another fucking load of building rubbish.

I pulled over on the side of the lane and started clearing it so we could get past. One of the tractors came up and the guy helped, so it probably took 15 minutes to clear. It was a mixture of builders rubble, rubbish, a toddler's walker, plasterboard, timber and skirting boards with nails in. They clearly started tipping and before empty just fucked off with the tipper up. This was between 5 and 6:30 that evening.

View attachment 7815View attachment 7808

What added insult to injury was that I backed up and off the side of the lane up to a pile of road scrapings used to mend the potholes, and in my traumatised state I rushed it and got a bit too close to the heap..

View attachment 7818

Went up there tonight and was pleased to see the council taking it seriously this time. I really hope they find out who these wankers are.

View attachment 7817

We're thinking about options for a camera or at least some CCTV signage.

I was seething then and I'm still pretty angry about it now. I hope the bastards die a slow and painful death.
Well it's not much consolation but I have similar damage from not spotting a mound when reversing

Sorry to hear that James, never fails to suprise me how scummy people are. I do believe in Karma - I hope they get thiers!

No excuse for this kind of behaviour, I hope their miserable existence ends in a equally miserable end...

Well I get into work today to find out yet again the restructure has changed. At the minute it’s toss a coin and see where it lands.
Now I get all the 💩 projects and no resource. Boss tries to sell it as an opportunity!!
Opportunity for what!! Chance of delivering nil.
Oh and to top it off performance is related to pay. Thanks for denting career and no chance in pay increase which has been frozen for 5 years.
So glad I came in from leave to sort issues out. 🤬🤬🤬

Order a beautiful vintage Fench cast iron stove for the conservatory.. arrived today smashed to fucking bits, thank ups you bunch of wankers..it’s beyond repair as you must had dropped from a great height to do that amount of damage you twats...yet another item damaged in transit...this one you can’t fucking replace..

Parked in a disabled bay at Durham train station with my mates disabled father (badge in the window). Went into the station. 5 min later collected his son and girlfriend off the train. They had flown in to Manchester from Canada. Came out and there was 3 taxies parked behind the disabled bays blocking all the cars in. Could not get the boot open. They were all talking up the road. Asked who's it was. The guy came down and moved it so I could get the boot open. Loaded up put the badge away, started to reverse out. Finding out I could not swing out as he had not moved far enough down. By this time he was trying to load cases and passengers in. I asked him to move as he was obstructing the highway and there was a taxi rank he should be in. He said only station taxies could park there. I said then you should put it in the car park and pay then. He moved down a little and I pulled out. He came back around to me and said you cant park there its disabled and you don't have a badge so I will report you to the police. So I swiftly showed him the badge and said is that blue enough? Then my mate took a photo of his hackney plate and said explain this when they council ask you and left with a big grin.
He must have took one look at the van and thought that's not a disabled person.
What a bunch of wankers. they think they own the roads.

Last edited:
Parked in a disabled bay at Durham train station with my disabled mates father (badge in the window). Went into the station. 5 min later collected his son and girlfriend off the train. They had flown in to Manchester from Canada. Came out and there was 3 taxies parked behind the disabled bays blocking all the cars in. Could not get the boot open. They were all talking up the road. Asked who's it was. The guy came down and moved it so I could get the boot open. Loaded up put the badge away, started to reverse out. Finding out I could not swing out as he had not moved far enough down. By this time he was trying to load cases and passengers in. I asked him to move as he was obstructing the highway and there was a taxi rank he should be in. He said only station taxies could park there. I said then you should put it in the car park and pay then. He moved down a little and I pulled out. He came back around to me and said you cant park there its disabled and you don't have a badge so I will report you to the police. So I swiftly showed him the badge and said is that blue enough? Then my mate took a photo of his hackney plate and said explain this when they council ask you and left with a big grin.
He must have took one look at the van and thought that's not a disabled person.
What a bunch of wankers. they think they own the roads.
So did you have a disabled person in the car that needed access to/from the station?

Yes my mates dad. It was his badge.

Yes my mates dad. It was his badge.
OK
Maybe I'm reading it wrong then.
You said - 'Parked in a disabled bay at Durham train station with my disabled mates father (badge in the window).'
So I thought you parked in a disabled bay with your disabled mates father - who is not disabled.
Then you collected your mates brother.
Which I thought ment that the disabled person stayed in the car (so did not need access to the station).
Am I confused?

Ah disabled parking badges! My son is disabled and when he was younger had a badge for when he was in the car. When he was with me for a weekend my ex would never give me his badge as 'I use it to park at the hospital' (where she works).

@dognero I'm still confused.
Read your post a few times now.
Maybe you can try again?
@MrChops Don't understand your post either.
It must be me.
I'm going to bed.

Back