• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Couple years back I got the newhaven to deippe , docked about 4am . So I set off staight away to get past major towns before traffic picked up , think I was just pat rouen just joining onto a dual carriageway, settled into lane still dusk and fuck me a car was coming at me head on , I swerved and somehow missed car , I used hard shoulder, and yes I was on correct side of road but other wasn’t , I doubt my self for a while after , even thou there was loads of cars going my way and only one going other way , we were dam lucky
Bloody hell 😲

haha ive done that in pompey after someone blocked me in pushed him onto double yellows :innocent:

The last time I was in Paris I saw a car push another car to create a parking space. I assume it's normal to leave the handbrake off so everyone can do this. I was shocked, the bloke just got out as if he did it every day.
There are no parking rules. Just stop and walk off.

The last time I was in Paris I saw a car push another car to create a parking space. I assume it's normal to leave the handbrake off so everyone can do this. I was shocked, the bloke just got out as if he did it every day.
It is the norm apparently in Paris you leave your handbrake off to make it easier for the Parker to push your car

Cars are just a necessary evil to the French, there is no car culture as there is in the UK. Unless you are an oligarch who can afford membership of the men only Automobile Club De France.

Cars are just a necessary evil to the French, there is no car culture as there is in the UK. Unless you are an oligarch who can afford membership of the men only Automobile Club De France.
Has your membership card arrived yet?

Just booshed 270 miles.
Managed to get the MPG down to 15.6
But then I am pushing a brick on top of a brick at 80mph!
Any of you snowflakes able to beat that?

When I see a car being driven badly especially on the motorway I see if I can guess what the driver will be like if I pass them and I guess correctly far more often than I guess incorrectly.

When I see a car being driven badly especially on the motorway I see if I can guess what the driver will be like if I pass them and I guess correctly far more often than I guess incorrectly.
The joy of stereotypes 😁

On long motorway journeys for work we used to play bird or bloke.

Keep hearing all this rubbish about French drivers , me personally find the French roads a dream to drive on , the drivers are no worse than a lot on U.K. , (expect once) roads are ten better than U.K. roads , a lot less traffic jams than U.K. , yes Paris is bad but so is London , I avoid both , driving on the wrong side of the road flows for me , I’ve never had problems adjusting to French roads as soon as I pull of ferry , always have to think when back in U.K.

I’ve never been on either french or London roads so can’t really comment
Agree there are bad drivers to be found anywhere though, I’ve met a few ( married one)

It's certainly a whole lot quieter on the roads. They do like to tailgate though.

Back