• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Dear Richard,

How sorry I am to hear this sad / heart breaking news .

How frustrated / upset you must feel at this moment is beyond belief.

I too , like Phil , am totally lost for words .
Thinking of you, your father and family at this very difficult time .

Kind regards , Nathan

So Thursday wasn't a good night for me, just found out that my dads Cancer has spread so much that there is nothing more the NHS can do to help so they have now stopped all treatment!! The first Radiotherapy injection my parents had to pay over £6000 as they were not prepared to wait a couple of months for the NHS to sort out funding! Thursday evening I had my dad breakdown on the phone whilst telling me they have stopped all treatment and that he may only have a few months! I just do not get how they cannot help an further, there are so many trials for Cancer and yet they have given up on my Dad at the age of 72 WTF! :sob::sob:
Having had it myself 20 years ago and being one of the lucky ones I suppose. I have still had to endure watching my nearest and dearest all lose their fights against this horrible illness. Keep the faith Richard and that's all I can say really mate.

So Thursday wasn't a good night for me, just found out that my dads Cancer has spread so much that there is nothing more the NHS can do to help so they have now stopped all treatment!! The first Radiotherapy injection my parents had to pay over £6000 as they were not prepared to wait a couple of months for the NHS to sort out funding! Thursday evening I had my dad breakdown on the phone whilst telling me they have stopped all treatment and that he may only have a few months! I just do not get how they cannot help an further, there are so many trials for Cancer and yet they have given up on my Dad at the age of 72 WTF! :sob::sob:
Richard, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news regarding your Fathers cancer, life can be so cruel,72 is no age these days. My thoughts are with you and all your family at this terrible time.

Went to a restaurant yesterday lunchtime with the boss. She always asks for hot sauce. The hotter the better. Tabasco is a bit of a disappointment, but will do at a pinch. Doesn´t matter that some poor chef has spent years training to create the perfect mixture of sauce and meat or fish, the food has to have hot sauce on it (bit like Bristow with his ketchup and Mr Gordon Blue in tears). Anyway, the waiter brings a small plastic dish with a few drops of sauce on it. My wife gave it a disparaging look and asked for more. The waiter agreed to bring more but said be careful it is very very hot.

Having put it on her tuna, she said he was right it is very hot. I was curious, so when he came back I asked to see the bottle.IMAG4804.jpg
To be fair, the instructions on the back said "use only for cooking" and "store in a cool place, preferably in a lead lined bunker in the middle of nowhere". I got some of it on my fingers, but didn´t think much about it. Later after touching my mouth I noticed that my lips were burning a little, so went to the toilet to wash my hands and face. You may be able to guess where this is heading! Decided to use the facilities and then wash my hands - stupid, stupid stupid. Washed hands and face and went back to join my wife. After sitting down for a few moments got the terrible burning sensation, WTF ........................................................................:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

So I finished a job earlier than expected yesterday. Thought, great I can give it a long awaited wash.
Came home to United utilities digging up the pavement outside my drive and leaving a barrier around the hole instead of a plank. 🤨🤨

Went to a restaurant yesterday lunchtime with the boss. She always asks for hot sauce. The hotter the better. Tabasco is a bit of a disappointment, but will do at a pinch. Doesn´t matter that some poor chef has spent years training to create the perfect mixture of sauce and meat or fish, the food has to have hot sauce on it (bit like Bristow with his ketchup and Mr Gordon Blue in tears). Anyway, the waiter brings a small plastic dish with a few drops of sauce on it. My wife gave it a disparaging look and asked for more. The waiter agreed to bring more but said be careful it is very very hot.

Having put it on her tuna, she said he was right it is very hot. I was curious, so when he came back I asked to see the bottle.View attachment 5978
To be fair, the instructions on the back said "use only for cooking" and "store in a cool place, preferably in a lead lined bunker in the middle of nowhere". I got some of it on my fingers, but didn´t think much about it. Later after touching my mouth I noticed that my lips were burning a little, so went to the toilet to wash my hands and face. You may be able to guess where this is heading! Decided to use the facilities and then wash my hands - stupid, stupid stupid. Washed hands and face and went back to join my wife. After sitting down for a few moments got the terrible burning sensation, WTF ........................................................................:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:
Did you get the missus to blow it mate to cool you down:p:p:p:p:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:PMSL

Did put some wiring info on "Clearing the Head" thread. Might help if you need it. Info available on the forum about which wires to connect for steering wheel (volume) controls. You have to program the Head to accept steering wheel control input.

Did put some wiring info on "Clearing the Head" thread. Might help if you need it. Info available on the forum about which wires to connect for steering wheel (volume) controls. You have to program the Head to accept steering wheel control input.

Cheers man, I'm exceedingly pissed off, I've not had to solder car stereo wires since the mid 90s, it can go back to Amazon and I will order something that deals in iso.

Cheers man, I'm exceedingly pissed off, I've not had to solder car stereo wires since the mid 90s, it can go back to Amazon and I will order something that deals in iso.
I bought a Blaupunkt Kimberly on eBay, and am pretty impressed with it so far. The sat nav is a bit wishy washy, but I think that´s just a function of the cheap sat nav sd card that I bought. The sound output is brilliant (which was the main reason that I bought it in the first place).

Back