• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I think that is the case, but hopefully I now have a new part on the way. Yay for Paula.
I also waited 5 hours yesterday (whilst doing other work) to speak to "Paula" at ECP this week after an order went missing.

Painful customer service but she did at least sort the problem!

Still waiting for my sparkplug to arrive

Crikey, that is a ding, very very annoying :(.
I take it you've never been in a more major accident and experienced the sound.
I haven't thankfully wouldn't imagine what that sounds like :(

Really, really not the time for this but suffering from serious car change itch! I want to change both of them...

Replaced the mk1 mx5 for a mk4 2 years ago and it really is such a better car, but I really miss the old one.

Then there is the Elgrand, been threatening to sell it for ages but I want a better one!

Current stupid idea is to sell both and buy a mk1 mx5 and a newer Elgrand. Of course this makes no sense and decent mk1 mx5s are silly money now.

Actually this isn't really a WTF so - those hook over the rim toilet fresheners, great if they stay hooked over the rim and not on on a mega flush high level cistern 1930s toilet... so much work to fix it :mad:

My van squeals and squeaks none stop when moving. It’s coming from the kitchen unit. This is the first time I’ve used it and it’s driving me crazy 🤬🤬 I may just go at it with WD40. Anyone else had this?

Sound like you need a passenger to pin point where its coming from then maybe get some padding in there to stop the noise or wd40 if its suitable.

Sound like you need a passenger to pin point where its coming from then maybe get some padding in there to stop the noise or wd40 if its suitable.
Good idea, I’m pretty sure it’s coming from in between the side of the car, behind the sliding door on the kitchen side, and the kitchen unit. I’ll report back once I’ve been at it with some WD40. Padding does sound like the better solution but I don’t know where to begin accessing this area 🤷🏼‍♂️

Really, really not the time for this but suffering from serious car change itch! I want to change both of them...

Replaced the mk1 mx5 for a mk4 2 years ago and it really is such a better car, but I really miss the old one.

Then there is the Elgrand, been threatening to sell it for ages but I want a better one!

Current stupid idea is to sell both and buy a mk1 mx5 and a newer Elgrand. Of course this makes no sense and decent mk1 mx5s are silly money now.

Actually this isn't really a WTF so - those hook over the rim toilet fresheners, great if they stay hooked over the rim and not on on a mega flush high level cistern 1930s toilet... so much work to fix it :mad:
Your telling me. I really regret selling mine cheap. It was immaculate
Screenshot_20200704-170447_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20200704-170440_Photos.jpg

Good idea, I’m pretty sure it’s coming from in between the side of the car, behind the sliding door on the kitchen side, and the kitchen unit. I’ll report back once I’ve been at it with some WD40. Padding does sound like the better solution but I don’t know where to begin accessing this area 🤷🏼‍♂️
Similarly, if it's a new conversion you could contact the installer and complain that it sounds like you have demented budgies in the back now. They might sort it out for you or advise you how to get into where you need to. Perhaps some felt either side of the fixing brackets.

Similarly, if it's a new conversion you could contact the installer and complain that it sounds like you have demented budgies in the back now. They might sort it out for you or advise you how to get into where you need to. Perhaps some felt either side of the fixing brackets.
It is a new conversion, and we paid over the odds for it I think, so kinda makes the fact that it squeaks and the stereo being unusable pretty annoying. Overall I’m very happy with the camper and how it drives it’s lovely, but we paid the asking price and they didn’t warn us about the stereo 😡. I think I should be able to fix the squeaking myself but if this kind of attention to detail is something I should expect on a conversion at top dollar I may just take it in and see if they offer any help.

It is a new conversion, and we paid over the odds for it I think, so kinda makes the fact that it squeaks and the stereo being unusable pretty annoying. Overall I’m very happy with the camper and how it drives it’s lovely, but we paid the asking price and they didn’t warn us about the stereo 😡. I think I should be able to fix the squeaking myself but if this kind of attention to detail is something I should expect on a conversion at top dollar I may just take it in and see if they offer any help.
Being that it's a new conversion I would certainly be contacting them and voicing your displeasure and disappointment at their build quality and the radio for that matter.

Being that it's a new conversion I would certainly be contacting them and voicing your displeasure and disappointment at their build quality and the radio for that matter.
My conversion squeaked when I first got it as at my request the converter boarded the front of my r'n'r in a different manner than usual. I stuffed cardboard between the offending board edge and face of the adjoining boards with the intention of adding some more fixings later but I never got round to it and the cardboard dropped out and all was well. In my case the knock on trim was marginally rubbing but making a lot of very annoying noise, the cardboard compressed it enough into shape while the conversion settled in.

gave up on that weeks ago i have three van loads to go and i cant even burn it she planted my burn area with flowers :joy:

just received a parcel with some t-shirts that were ordered about two weeks ago with a note saying the colour you ordered was out of stock (dark blue ) so they sent yellow

they got a shitty e-mail telling them to collect and re-reimburse me or it goes to paypal for a refund only 2 quid each just dealing with fuckwits wind me up

they got a shitty e-mail telling them to collect and re-reimburse me or it goes to paypal for a refund only 2 quid each just dealing with fuckwits wind me up
If they had been orange @Kermit may have been interested.

Orange yes, but yellow and i have to agree.......total fuckwits :laughing:

Back