• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Been busy phoning different companies as my father passed away on Tuesday ..-all have been really easy to deal with apart from his housing association. By all accounts you need to give them four weeks notice before ending a tenancy? The social services stop paying for his rent straight when he passed away.. me and brother have been busy clearing papas flat and managed to clear it in two days .. so we may have to pay for a months rent ...

So sorry to hear this news Peter, my condolences to you and your family.

Sorry for your loss. We had a similar experience with mums flat. No sooner had she passed then we received a letter informing us that her flat would need to be cleared and holes left in the walls for pictures and TV brackets would have to be made good and redecorated or we would face a fine and we needed to do a deep clean to ensure it was fit for the next resident to move straight in.

Been busy phoning different companies as my father passed away on Tuesday ..-all have been really easy to deal with apart from his housing association. By all accounts you need to give them four weeks notice before ending a tenancy? The social services stop paying for his rent straight when he passed away.. me and brother have been busy clearing papas flat and managed to clear it in two days .. so we may have to pay for a months rent ...
I hope you are keeping yourself about optimistic but I think it's totally unrealistic to
I
Hi Peter I hope you keep the strength and motivation to challenge the housing association,you shouldn't have to deal with these soulless raqueteers,we are all here for you.

Painted my center console facia and top tray yesterday so I then brought it in the house and put it on the dining room table to dry with a big sign saying DO NOT TOUCH gets up this morning to find that my eldest has come in and thrown his jacket on the table right over both the bits I've painted :mad::tired_face:😡🤬😭

Painted my center console facia and top tray yesterday so I then brought it in the house and put it on the dining room table to dry with a big sign saying DO NOT TOUCH gets up this morning to find that my eldest has come in and thrown his jacket on the table right over both the bits I've painted :mad::tired_face:😡🤬😭
Nooooooooooooo!!!!
I feel your pain buddy. I've had numerous set backs during painting stages. Usually my own fault but still frustrating.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!
I feel your pain buddy. I've had numerous set backs during painting stages. Usually my own fault but still frustrating.
At the end of the day it's only paint can be done again and again lol

At the end of the day it's only paint can be done again and again lol
Yep thats my theory as well. Nothing a rub down and re-paint won't sort. Just annoying when you think it's all done!

I gotta respray my lip spoiler again in the Spring... looks like its going to be a yearly thing :)
Haha is it rather close to the ground by any chance

I gotta respray my lip spoiler again in the Spring... looks like its going to be a yearly thing :)
PPF came up on another thread, you could look into that when you've done the respray.

I can testify that it will be a yearly thing!!! Done my front bumper bottom twice in 18 months and needs doing again when weather gets better 😂

I need a good paint sprayer in the North East who could do my front end.
Bloody stone chips :mad:

I need a good paint sprayer in the North East who could do my front end.
Bloody stone chips :mad:
🙁 who did Karl use up north, to sort his mud flaps out. Seem to remember he was pretty pleased with the job they did

I will ask him. Then it's getting a clear bra on so I don't have to do it again

PPF came up on another thread, you could look into that when you've done the respray.

yeah, was watching some videos on that the other day or was going to use 10 cans of lacquer, lol

My mate reckons he hasn't got swirl marks on his paint but didn't actually know what they are and has now just said that he changes the cloths when he drys it as they get filthy.

Back