• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

The wife has managed to lose the fob for daisey .. god knows how as they are on a big bunch of keys,,,but thought I have a spare fob and I can program a new one, just remembered that you need the master key to do that.... where’s the master key ?in the fucking missing fob....bollocks... if I didn’t have the lurgy I would be ripping the house apart looking for the missing keys... moral of the story is to keep your master key at home somewhere safe...or try using this View attachment 27566View attachment 27566
Update.... remembered I filled the washer bottle up yesterday,,, opened up the bonnet Yeap the keys were in there... at this point I’d like to apologise to my wife and causing her emotional distress... will be locking myself in the shed until the dust settles and she puts the kitchen knives down ...

Update.... remembered I filled the washer bottle up yesterday,,, opened up the bonnet Yeap the keys were in there... at this point I’d like to apologise to my wife and causing her emotional distress... will be locking myself in the shed until the dust settles and she puts the kitchen knives down ...
Look on the positive side, at least you don't have to sort a key out.

Look on the positive side, at least you don't have to sort a key out.
That’s the thing already ordered a new fob... but at least I can program it now and the master key is never gonna leave the house from now on....I will put it in a really safe place and probably forget where that is in a couple of days

Maaaaaan are you in a world of trouble! :joy: :laughing: Have you got a little Christmas tree you can put up in the shed? It may not be safe to emerge for several weeks.

Glad the keys are found though; I hate not knowing where my keys are ALL the time. Gives me the shivers.

That’s the thing already ordered a new fob... but at least I can program it now and the master key is never gonna leave the house from now on....I will put it in a really safe place and probably forget where that is in a couple of days
How do you know which key is the master key? :rolleyes:

How do you know which key is the master key? :rolleyes:
The key that has been cut and has had the chip in it programmed... you can copy these keys but you need the four digit code that’s on the back of your dash board I believe.. but that involves taking your dash apart

Box of chocs and some serious arse kissing then I may be allowed back indoors without the stab vest...

On the plus side I’m cutting lots of firewood, but I have to keep it away from the wife’s stare as it might ignite it...as I’ve said before I’m always in the shit it’s only the depth that varies,,,,, I’m upto my neck with this Faux pas

The key that has been cut and has had the chip in it programmed... you can copy these keys but you need the four digit code that’s on the back of your dash board I believe.. but that involves taking your dash apart
Both keys that I have look identical. They both seem to have something in the plastic part at the end of the key.IMAG2009-20191206-212032425.jpg

I also have two small aluminium "dog tags" which I have labelled up as "key codes?". Both are five digits and begin with the number 4. Hoping I won't lose a key but it is always useful to know what is involved in getting another one made. :)

The plastic part could be the transponder for the security

Finally clear the decks to work on the Elgrand. Mental prepare self to change rear wheel bearing, wrapping up to face the cold.

Fanny about selecting jacking point for trolley jack and axle stand. Get her up, wheel off. Fight the split pin. Get large sockets. Find my set only goes up to 32mm, not big enough. Missus has gone out without keys so I can't go anywhere to buy said sockets. Fucking fuck. Go refit pin and wheel and start looking for mobile mechanics. Bollocky bollocks.

Finally clear the decks to work on the Elgrand. Mental prepare self to change rear wheel bearing, wrapping up to face the cold.

Fanny about selecting jacking point for trolley jack and axle stand. Get her up, wheel off. Fight the split pin. Get large sockets. Find my set only goes up to 32mm, not big enough. Missus has gone out without keys so I can't go anywhere to buy said sockets. Fucking fuck. Go refit pin and wheel and start looking for mobile mechanics. Bollocky bollocks.
If I was closer I would have brought you one round.
Have fun.

Anyone watching the fight live?

Too violent for me.

Back