• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What is this?

t5power1980

Premium Member
Midlands
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Symeon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
What is this? Is it a kind of mirror? Want rid really.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210615-201403_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210615-201403_Gallery.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 6
Kerb side mirror for parking. Don't know anyone who finds them useful.

It's that small I can't see anything really. Bet it's a remove - fill and paint job. Ugly thing that ruins the flow of the vehicle

I was going to ask the same thing!

Is there a way to activate it because sitting in the driver's seat I can't see a thing - husband says it can't be a mirror.

If you set it correctly it shows the front bumper leading edge and 3-4 inches in front of it, also it shows the corner near side of the bumper and 3-4 inches to the side of it.

I use mine all the time, to set it there are two raised lines on the mirror casing and the mount - simply line them up.

You can also tell nosey people that it is a Radar detector/satellite receiver/ Geiger counter/ listening device or Petot tube etc……..which is well worth its ugliness.

I’m sorry I still don’t get it.

So is it an actual glass mirror that I am supposed to see a reflection from from the driver’s seat?

Or is it linked electronically so I am looking at a camera view on a screen inside the car?

It’s two small curved glass mirrors.
Linked to your eye, not any electronic gizmo.

Never use mine.. in fact I forget its even there... it got broke off a while back by a couple of smackheads but I glued it back on.. personally I wouldn't let it bother you but if it does.. take it off ... then you've got to be arsed with all the faffing about filling the void and trying to get a good match on the paint ... just saying🤔

It’s two small curved glass mirrors. Linked to your eye, not any electronic gizmo.
Thanks all - sorry I was having trouble answering on my mobile - speechless indeed! I'll put some glasses on when I'm at home and it's light and examine what I can see...

If you set it correctly it shows the front bumper leading edge and 3-4 inches in front of it, also it shows the corner near side of the bumper and 3-4 inches to the side of it.

I use mine all the time, to set it there are two raised lines on the mirror casing and the mount - simply line them up.

You can also tell nosey people that it is a Radar detector/satellite receiver/ Geiger counter/ listening device or Petot tube etc……..which is well worth its ugliness.
I wondered how you use it., thanks for the advice. I have one and as it's small I find it difficult to see anything useful in it. Is it any use when you have a camera in the nearside mirror, or does this show something the mirror camera can't see?

Back