• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Same happened to my mum Just before last Christmas. Took her to A&E and they sent her home with antibiotics. Ambulance took her back in a few days later. She died a few days later in early January of multiple organ failure. Under staffing and overworked NHS doctors.

Same happened to my mum Just before last Christmas. Took her to A&E and they sent her home with antibiotics. Ambulance took her back in a few days later. She died a few days later in early January of multiple organ failure. Under staffing and overworked NHS doctors.

Wow sorry to hear that mate, that's terrible. That's pretty much what would have happened to my wife if we had waited 12 hours longer. Scary thought.

It wasn't even under staffing sadly, it seemed to be a case of filling her with painkillers as they'd guessed what the problem was rather than actually checking it. Didn't even do blood tests and she was there for 12 hours.

I've done lots of miles this week, sadly its been to hospital and various A&E departments, my wife got sent home from one on Thursday morning only for me to have to take her to a different one Friday night to have treatment to stop her pancreas killing her. Oh and to top it off think I just got done doing 36 in a 30 zone, been a good week πŸ˜₯
Sorry to hear that mate. Best wishes to you and your wife

Cheers mate, she had operation today and looking 100 times better already thankfully.

Hi matey,
thank you for your update.
I'm so glad to hear she is on the mend .

was this acute pancreatitis ?
If so , it is a condition where the pancreas becomes inflamed (swollen) over a short period of time. The pancreas is a small organ, located behind the stomach, that helps with digestion.
She has undergone a routine operation performed at most hospitals on a daily basis .

Don't worry, she will be fine.

No coffee for her for a while though while she is recovering.
Kind regards, Nathan πŸ‘

Hi matey,

If so , it is a condition where the pancreas becomes inflamed (swollen) over a short period of time. The pancreas is a small organ, located behind the stomach, that helps with digestion,

She has undergone a routine operation performed at most hospitals on a daily basis .

Kind of yes, caused by gallstones that no one wanted to remove, turns out now after the operation that 2 of the stones, which were on the larger side of ones the surgeon has seen, were actually blocking the opening causing her pancreas to start poisoning her, added to the fact she was born with kidney disease it was honestly touch and go for a couple of days.

I watched this woman give birth with no painkillers, she is as tough as they come, but she literally couldn't cope with the pain of even drinking water this past week

Anyway enough about my life. She is doing good.

Kind of yes, caused by gallstones that no one wanted to remove, turns out now after the operation that 2 of the stones, which were on the larger side of ones the surgeon has seen, were actually blocking the opening causing her pancreas to start poisoning her, added to the fact she was born with kidney disease it was honestly touch and go for a couple of days.

I watched this woman give birth with no painkillers, she is as tough as they come, but she literally couldn't cope with the pain of even drinking water this past week

Anyway enough about my life. She is doing good.

Hi Chris,
I'm glad she is recovering well .
Keep yer chin up fella !!
Cheers, Nathan πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I keep well away from Hospitals nowadays. You always end up going home with something you never had before you went in there. Shocking it is. Bring back the 1950's NHS I say, " Oh Matron ":p

Hi matey,

If so , it is a condition where the pancreas becomes inflamed (swollen) over a short period of time. The pancreas is a small organ, located behind the stomach, that helps with digestion.

Dear Dr Nathane69, what is your cure for a sore ring as Phil wants to know, WHAT:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Dropped her off at Brian's for front wheel bearings/pads. Noticed most of the others there have far darker rear tints than mine does. Thought mine were pretty dark too!

I have really dark tinted Windows on my vehicle.

When I went over to France last month , they caused problems at the security / passport control centres on both sides of the channel.
My vehicle got pulled for security checks, a staggering four times !

Once in Portsmouth going out .
Once in cherbourg on arrival and exactly the same on the return journey .

On asking the very polite inspectors / security team at portmouth , why my van was targeted, he said it is because of the heavy window tints . All occupants were checked with their relevant passport pictures etc.
All holdals / luggage was unloaded and x- rayed and complete vehicle checked fully over going out from Portsmouth.

I have to say , i am not complaining about this . All staff were very professional and courteous indeed . I had a right laugh with some of them too ! Especially with the size of my first aid medical response bag I had with me . (They have never seen so many scissors of different sizes and seat belt cutters etc in one bag before !)

The passport control and security teams do a great job indeed .
After all , i could of had anyone in the back .

So , to conclude, if you have heavy tinted Windows and due to be using a port to travel abroad , prepare to be stopped .
πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Yep same thing happened to me on the eurotunnel
Going out anyway coming back everyone was asleep so no checks

Back