• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Two months from first request.. £75 as I have screen cover on my insurance.. your be looking at £1,200 if you do it yourself .. it worked out cheaper to upgrade my insurance

Ouch ! It’s nearly worth buying a cheap Elgrand and shipping it just for the screen !,!

Had a damaged side skirt and a bit of rust so set about it today.
20180519_085130.jpg
Rusty from the damage
20180519_091956.jpg
Sanded, treated with rust stopper and repainted.
Missing, broken brackets and bent hangers.
20180519_092815.jpg
20180519_092818.jpg
20180519_095726.jpg
Made some new spacers and attached with epoxy glue.
20180519_113856.jpg
20180519_125227.jpg

Back together. Good as new!!!

20180519_144501.jpg

Attachments

• 20180519_091956.jpg
    20180519_091956.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
Nice
Had a damaged side skirt and a bit of rust so set about it today.
View attachment 5099
Rusty from the damage
View attachment 5101
Sanded, treated with rust stopper and repainted.
Missing, broken brackets and bent hangers.
View attachment 5102
View attachment 5103
View attachment 5104
Made some new spacers and attached with epoxy glue.
View attachment 5106
View attachment 5108

Back together. Good as new!!!

View attachment 5111
Nice work mate. Looks like a great fix 👌

Polished mine all day from 9am to 4pm to within an inch of its life. Knackered I am. Used autoglym ultra deep shine ( for dark colours first ) then another coat of autoglym canuba wax with a buff from my electric polisher. Whole van came up lovely then Joanne says " shall we go out for a drive in it " with a wink in her eye!!!!!:rolleyes::eek::p:D:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Now she is all dusty from going down some lane.:sob: which had some simpleh loveleh straight lines although the dust did give a slight bit of blindin. Watt:eek:

Also fitted my new set of ebay £7.99 Nismo wheel centres. They are great quality guys and a snip at £7.99 for a set of 4. Nice tight fit too they are so no chance of falling out like one of my others did last weekend. Ive just bought a second set as they are that good.

ebay item number is - 183212371356 and they are a 60mm fitment. I used my rubber mallet gently to manipulate them in fully.

If I knew how to put up the link I would guys so sorry in advance but at least ive put the item number up.

Last edited:
Two months from first request.. £75 as I have screen cover on my insurance.. your be looking at £1,200 if you do it yourself .. it worked out cheaper to upgrade my insurance
Hi Peter. do you still have all the packaging or paperwork with all the correct info on it should any of us ever need one and we can quote it to our windscreen cover folk. Ive recently had a chip repaired but it looks today as it might be on the go again due to all this heat which I don't really want to change as its the original screen from new.

Polished mine all day from 9am to 4pm to within an inch of its life. Knackered I am. Used autoglym ultra deep shine ( for dark colours first ) then another coat of autoglym canuba wax with a buff from my electric polisher. Whole van came up lovely then Joanne says " shall we go out for a drive in it " with a wink in her eye!!!!!:rolleyes::eek::p:D:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Now she is all dusty from going down some lane.:sob: which had some simpleh loveleh straight lines although the dust did give a slight bit of blindin. Watt:eek:

Also fitted my new set of ebay £7.99 Nismo wheel centres. They are great quality guys and a snip at £7.99 for a set of 4. Nice tight fit too they are so no chance of falling out like one of my others did last weekend. Ive just bought a second set as they are that good.

ebay item number is - 183212371356 and they are a 60mm fitment. I used my rubber mallet gently to manipulate them in fully.

If I knew how to put up the link I would guys so sorry in advance but at least ive put the item number up.[/QUOTE

😂😂😂👍👍👍

Great post Brendan 😎👍
Can't beat straight lines WHAT !!!!
Simply simply loveleh 😂😂😂👍👍👍👍

Hi Peter. do you still have all the packaging or paperwork with all the correct info on it should any of us ever need one and we can quote it to our windscreen cover folk. Ive recently had a chip repaired but it looks today as it might be on the go again due to all this heat which I don't really want to change as its the original screen from new.
If not, I think @MrRob_in put some codes and info on here somewhere from when he got his screen changed

Well before going into work have cleaned rider alloys up. Aligned them to the van to see what they look like and very happy with appearance.

Phone around now for a wheel refurb for that extra bling look or a DIY job if prices are stupid.

🤪
get them on @Crazycraig summers possibly arrived

Back