• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well done that manšŸ˜Ž
But did you get away with it šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£View attachment 63526

Cheers Baz, ouch that's unlucky. I somehow managed to dodge any bloodletting this time, just a couple of minor scrapes which is good for me.
I snipped off the ends of some of the factory tie-wraps first though. Those things are lethal when not cut off cleanly at the catch.

Picked up El today after having 2 very important jobs done. Sheā€™s been protected underneath with waxoyl, and had rear decat pipes fitted.

Huge thanks to Elementian for supplying the quote ā€œperfect fittingā€ pipes, and DJP Motors (Starcross, Devon) for doing the work šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

Last edited:
Driven one of mine to take my mum, son and daughter out for dinner.

After dropping daughter off at her home visited a tyre place close to where she lives, had a new tyre fitted on the rear, the 'old' tyre was really quite new but I got a puncture close to the sidewall a while ago, which my usual tyre place guy/mate recognised was really too close to the wall to be fixed but he didn't have a compatible 17" tyre in stock so effected a fix with a 'tyre grommet' (my term) but I'm not happy with a fix close to the sidewall and it was slowly deflating anyway. Had the front wheels balanced at the same time, Ā£80 total (Ā£70 tyre and Ā£5 a wheel balancing).. Seems to have fixed the bit of steering wheel vibration between 65mph and 85mph.

Visited a Shell forecourt on the way home. Topped off the petrol tank with 20L of Vpower costing Ā£30 at Ā£1.50 per litre (now it's available again...). Topped off the LPG tank with 40L of LPG costing Ā£27.96 at 69.9p per litre (last few times I've visited this garage they've had no petrol or diesel but still plenty of LPG)...

I'm keeping the tanks full on both of my Elgrands because my son wants to borrow one of my Elgrands to pick his American fiance up from Heathrow when she comes over here to live bringing all her stuff and we're not sure when that will be yet... Full tank(s) not necessary to get to Heathrow and back but he wants everything to be perfect when he picks her up... served as an extra prompt to me to get the tyres/balancing sorted.

Visited the machine car wash. Mum in the front seat. I repeatedly partly opened her window in the car wash :laughing:

Put half a litre of oil in it, that's all it's used in thousands of miles.

Had a play with some of the on-screen / Jap stuff, a part of Elgrands I'm not fully familiar with, didn't even know my black Elgrand had the fuel computer or that on screen compass. Did manage to pick up several obscure local radio stations using the Jap TV... But I still think my 6 year old son can navigate the Jap screen stuff better than me.

Last edited:
Did you park next to that deliberately? I would have got out via the side door.

Drove the white Elgrand 150km to the guys that works closely with the RDW centre in Leystad.
Could take from 6 - 8 weeks before its fully registered unless theres any possible cancellations! :eek:
Sad times leaving it there but the guys absolutely blown away by the Elgrand and said they will defo look after it! :)
They had some other lovely JDM cars including his own Skyline and a very nice Nissan Stagea!
The beast was such a joy to drive and didn't miss a beat and yes I did try out the V6 for a few seconds! :yum
I actually forgotten how well these vehicles drive after using my son's Mini for the past 6 months, maybe NOT on handling but definitely on comfort!! :p

IMG_4271.JPGIMG_4261.JPGIMG_4276.JPGIMG_4263.JPG

Cleaning out the newest arrival todayā€¦ electric pump and a replacement set of wipers were a useful bonusā€¦ plus an in date credit/debit card and a business card for an Italian restaurant in Osaka, coffee bean sweets and collection cardsā€¦!?!View attachment 63505View attachment 63504
I am sure Kenzo Hirano is a Yakuza Boss. Might not take too kindly to someone having his card

@Richard Fox I'm curious, in what way did it not handle so well?

@Draco My sons R50 Mini has been lowered with bigger rims and polyflex bushes so a BIG difference from the Elgrand even though thats been lowered as well. Don't get me wrong mine doesn't handle bad for a van but no comparison to a Mini! lol

Back