• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Never mind it will give you time to get all the cash out you've stashed under there...😁
The cash is elsewhere.......... ;o))))))

M8HPii2.jpg

Removed both the Nissan alarm, and the aftermarket Cobra Cat 2 immobiliser, and fitted a new 100A battery.
The alarm appears to have been murdered at some point in the past, as the sounder was left loose in the area behind the drivers step cubby. Looks like the siren was just cut off, and left loose. Wonder if that's the Rattle I have been hearing since I bought the thing
I wonder if both units were causing drain of the battery?, I would have no way of knowing if the alarm was actually on, triggered or dead!.
After diable was kind enough to help program my RKE yesterday, after only having it in the drawer for 9 years, I was feeling excited.
Cleaned the poor old bus, and polished the headlights, so they are no longer the same colour as the car!
Anyway, no more fiddling with the disarm fob, just get in and start....Yay....

Removed both the Nissan alarm, and the aftermarket Cobra Cat 2 immobiliser, and fitted a new 100A battery.
The alarm appears to have been murdered at some point in the past, as the sounder was left loose in the area behind the drivers step cubby. Looks like the siren was just cut off, and left loose. Wonder if that's the Rattle I have been hearing since I bought the thing
I wonder if both units were causing drain of the battery?, I would have no way of knowing if the alarm was actually on, triggered or dead!.
After diable was kind enough to help program my RKE yesterday, after only having it in the drawer for 9 years, I was feeling excited.
Cleaned the poor old bus, and polished the headlights, so they are no longer the same colour as the car!
Anyway, no more fiddling with the disarm fob, just get in and start....Yay....
Aftermarket alarms can be a PITA and can cause battery drain so hopefully you have sorted it.

Went for a day in Rennes where they have proper Elgrand size parking spaces.

View attachment 63403
I do love some of the carparks in France. They seem to cater a lot more for larger vehicles over there
Used one in Monaco that was swanky as hell. So clean your tyres did that screachy thing when driving around it.

Car park was the cleanest place in town.
I do love some of the carparks in France. They seem to cater a lot more for larger vehicles over there
Used one in Monaco that was swanky as hell. So clean your tyres did that screachy thing when driving around it.

Done a faultless and very enjoyable 250 mile round trip Derby - Blackpool - Derby on just over half a tank. Never thought I'd say it but the van handled and was as comfortable as my previous Jag.

Gave My Rider that's for sale a good wash.
View attachment 63414
View attachment 63415
View attachment 63417View attachment 63418View attachment 63416

Now I am in two minds to sell it or not.
But I can't keep 2 :(
If you can afford it then keep it but bare in mind will you be using it, if not sell it or sell the one you bought. I need to sell the Subaru, thinking sell the Lotus S1 and the E30 take a break sit down and see what I can waste the money on car wise to live the dream.

Back