• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well I thought about it for a while about putting some Anime graphics all over the bus as I think they look cool.
Janet say "NO!" :confused:
So as any husband would.......
Took no notice and thought
Ah compromise.......
20211013_103526.jpg

Well I thought about it for a while about putting some Anime graphics all over the bus as I think they look cool.
Ah compromise.......
View attachment 63337
I know your plan Andy, just send the drone up to find it in full car park

Carpet cleaning the headlining! Should be doing many other things but it’s a good day for it and soo satisfying!
Had to modify the detergent jet to get it pointing up and spraying a fine mist

Attachments

• 7A522544-57BE-43D0-8552-8AF0C2D1A12C.jpeg
    7A522544-57BE-43D0-8552-8AF0C2D1A12C.jpeg
    499.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 16D8F1D8-21D5-46E2-9E78-53221A8B03FE.jpeg
    16D8F1D8-21D5-46E2-9E78-53221A8B03FE.jpeg
    856.4 KB · Views: 12
Ah compromise.......
View attachment 63337
You are lucky very lucky that you are not my neighbour as I would be using that as a target for my crossbow, lucky I wasn't armed when Mods where around....... ;o))))))

KMlmVLU.png

Carpet cleaning the headlining! Should be doing many other things but it’s a good day for it and soo satisfying!
Had to modify the detergent jet to get it pointing up and spraying a fine mist
Don’t over soak the roof lining as they can sag and stretch.

Cracking job though.

Going through my to do list 📝 I finally got round to look at my faulty electric sliding door. Stripping it down to assess the fault I found out that the door mechanism was fully disconnected, most likely by one of the previous owners. On closer inspection I noticed that one of the pulling cables was snapped and the other badly damaged. Scratching my head, thinking of what to do 🤷‍♂️, I remembered someone at the Welsh Elgrandfest saying to try to use bicycle 🚲 break cables. 💡😀
Quick drive 🚜 to our local Motorworld store and £15 later I purchased two new bicycle cables 👍. Full of hope 🙏 buzz 🙆‍♂️ and will power 💪 I stripped down the entire pulling mechanism. At this point I realised i reached the point of no return. ⛔ 😱 🧻🚽
Several hours later of fiddling🛠🧰 modifying 📏🔨 and using some colourful language 🙊 I finally managed to fit both cables then reassembling and reconnecting the pulling mechanism which 🥁 🥁🥁
brought my sliding door after years of non functioning to life 😁🤘🤜🤛👏🍻🍾 Hurrah!!!
And, View attachment 60953 the kids are absolutelly loving ❤ it!!!
Now just to find time to fix the other side 🙄 🤦‍♂️
My auto opening door was fine but started sticking yesterday it looks like the issue is on the inside cable not outside the van unfortunately after seeing this pic I'm not looking forward to attempting to remove the interior panel looks difficult to get access:weary_face::weary_face:.

Gave the interior a clear out ready for Saturday, considering the interior has had 19 years and 245,000km of use it still looks pretty fresh.
I know many members dislike the light Elgrand interiors due to dirt / stains but this goes to show they can last a while if looked after! :p
I will be driving it on Saturday with trade plates ready for registration which could take 6 - 8 weeks and the first drive since January! :eek:

IMG_3978.JPG
IMG_3982.JPG
IMG_3979.JPGIMG_3976.JPG
IMG_3983.JPG
IMG_3981.JPGIMG_3980.JPGIMG_3989.JPG

Last edited:
Black ones I hope …
I’m not really a fan of black wheels on black cars… I prefer a bit of contrast… I think they can disappear if everything is the same colour.
But I appreciate it’s a personal choice and everyone is entitled to their own style!

Just ordered some had coilovers , stock suspension is tired and coilovers seem the easiest most cost effective route to replace everything, my wallet hurts now and my track car is going to be annoyed as that's still running stock suspension!

Bought the material for the packing cushions for under the mattress, girlfriend started a new job and has a long commute so I think it will be a while before they are done.

QVTMTr1.jpg

Gave the interior a clear out ready for Saturday, considering the interior has had 19 years and 245,000km of use it still looks pretty fresh.
I know many members dislike the light Elgrand interiors due to dirt / stains but this goes to show they can last a while if looked after! :p
I will be driving it on Saturday with trade plates ready for registration which could take 6 - 8 weeks and the first drive since January! :eek:

View attachment 63384
View attachment 63388
View attachment 63385View attachment 63382

View attachment 63387View attachment 63386View attachment 63392
I've actually grown to like the cream interiors more the more I've seen them, but only if kept in good clean condition like yours. Lovely van Richard.

Bought the material for the packing cushions for under the mattress, girlfriend started a new job and has a long commute so I think it will be a while before they are done.
Never mind it will give you time to get all the cash out you've stashed under there...😁

Back