• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Finally nearly there on the Dognero grill number 2! lol
Wow its taken some man hours but I am pretty chuffed with the end results! I now have to do the one for the Silver Elgrand as this was a test fit due to mine still at the bodyshop! Second time hopefully it will be faster!

IMG_6920.JPGIMG_6917.JPGIMG_6921.JPG

Drove the Elgrand to West Wittering yesterday, nice drive there and back and a great time was had.

Also saw this Austin 7 turn up and got talking to the guy it's a 1923,

DCANz9B.jpg

atX33lc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She passed! She passed! And only 2 adviseory, drivers side bearing has some play and the steering rack has a small leak. The mechanic thinks that might be the clonk I'm getting when I get a bit of body roll. Basically the Elgrand cost me £1400, £300 give or take on welding, £200 on alternator, £80 on a battery, and about another £250 on parts.Basically I'm a very happy chappy☺️. I'll get the wheel bearing done ASAP and the steering rack shortly. And a complete underseal job. Then it's gadgets and gizmos and cosmetics😉. Air con is fantastic in this heat but got to search the forums about the yellow cap und the bonnet that says Aircon on it,very puzzled about that🤔

She passed! She passed! And only 2 adviseory, drivers side bearing has some play and the steering rack has a small leak. The mechanic thinks that might be the clonk I'm getting when I get a bit of body roll. Basically the Elgrand cost me £1400, £300 give or take on welding, £200 on alternator, £80 on a battery, and about another £250 on parts.Basically I'm a very happy chappy☺️. I'll get the wheel bearing done ASAP and the steering rack shortly. And a complete underseal job. Then it's gadgets and gizmos and cosmetics😉. Air con is fantastic in this heat but got to search the forums about the yellow cap und the bonnet that says Aircon on it,very puzzled about that🤔
I guess the wheel bearing will only need regreased and tighten back up ,

You reckon? I didn't know you could do that!, I thought any sign of movement/play meant the bearing was on its way out and needed replacing. I shall have to investigate further lol!. Oh talking of bearings,I also forgot that the propshaft central bearing needs replacing. 😂

Today I mostly fitted a different Fog Light Switch, it needed a little Dremel jiggery pokery!
View attachment 58213View attachment 58214
You do know you can get one that fits the blank for not much pennies?

Your foglight on the switch is also pointing in the wrong direction ;o))))

You do know you can get one that fits the blank for not much pennies?

Your foglight on the switch is also pointing in the wrong direction ;o))))

I've ordered one of them, thanks @diable after 5 mins careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that the new switch is way too big and utter dog doo!! 🤣😂💩🙈

You reckon? I didn't know you could do that!, I thought any sign of movement/play meant the bearing was on its way out and needed replacing. I shall have to investigate further lol!. Oh talking of bearings,I also forgot that the propshaft central bearing needs replacing. 😂
Totally , bearing isn’t sealed , I have a brand new one I bought 7 years ago still in box , I do this on mine in a service or when I can be bothered,if I remember I get a pic of bearing

New discs and pads fitted on the rear end. (Fronts done last month.)
Track rod end at the front.
Blank fitted in the rear aircon.
Broken 25% stronger springs removed from rear (After only 6k miles) and ones that were on before re-fitted.
Throttle controller fitted.
K&n oil and air filters fitted
Engine oil changed and 250ml of ZX1 added.
Trans fluid partially changed and 250ml ZX1 added.
All done by my trusted mechanic Jonny.
She's running well!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back